Waxstock

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Waxstock

Nice to see your car in person in the car park at Waxstock today Clive P. May I say it looked mighty fine and had me even more excited to be getting a brand new, same colour combo next week.

Here's my little bounty I managed to haggle today for £220.00:

Todays goodies by Rabidracoon28, on Flickr
    Andy DS3 Club's Resident OCD Detailer!
    Take a pride in your ride
    @cleanyourride_uk

Why thank you sir! Wish we had met up, I saw Clair and Jagster there (great to see you - sorry I kept getting caught up with people I'd trained in detailing)...

Thanks for the comments on my car, it had travelled a long way since it's last wash..... .

Look forward to seeing pics of your new car - hopefully it will be delivered 99% swirl free...wish I were nearer to you would gladly check it over with you on arrival!

Thanks again,
    Clive.
    CL11 VEP 2011 Former DSport Plus 150THP Sport Red, now something else.......
    DS3 Club's Former Resident OCD Detailer!

Comment

That's a mighty fine haul you've got there, just been studying the pictures! Machine looks good (DAS-6 Pro?) - let me know if you want any tips!

Clive.
      Last edited by CliveP; 26-08-2012, 18:21.

Comment

Yes it is a DAS6 pro, well spotted. I had a little play today when I got home (on the wifes car of course) and thoroughly enjoyed myself. Got the Megs MF cutting and finishing pads to start off with and produced a great result (in my opinion for a first dabble).

Going to keep playing and learning as been told I can't do any damage with a DA as opposed to a rotary.

Fingers crossed it will be as swirl free as possible; what compound and type of pad would you recommend for very light swirls if it is unfortunately delivered with them?

I can't ask them not to prepare and "clean" it for delivery as it's a corporate dealer who my Company are dealing with.

Thanks in advance

Andy
        @cleanyourride_uk

Comment

Hi Andy,

Remembering if you're practicing, I'm sure you know this - but make sure you wash your wife's car first (or the bit you're machining) - otherwise you'll swirl it galore!

It's highly unlikely you'll do any damage with a DA - it is possible, but takes a lot of doing (aggressive pads, polishes, etc).

For light swirls I'd use a general polishing pad, (Hexlogic White would be my choice) with either one of the Menzerna polishes (depends on the level of swirls) or Meguiars 205. I'm quite a fan of Meguiar's 205 (it's from their professional range of polishes) as it is extremely versatile, but you'll only likely appreciate it with experience, etc.

However, given you've invested in the Megs MF pads - what polish(es) did you get with them? I can't immediately spot your polish in the pics...

However before machining it I would decontaminate it first (if you want a chat on the phone will happily talk you through the routine I'd recommend)....

Regards,
          Clive.

Comment

Clive, this is my list of jobs to do once I receive the car; can you cast your expert eye over it please?

Citrus preclean
            Rinse
            Foam (choice of 3, Cotton Candy, VP ph neutral advanced and Angelwax)
            Bilberry on wheels
            Rinse
            CarPro Eraser
            AutoFinesse Oblitarate (body and wheels)
            Rinse
            AB Purple rain(body and wheels)
            Rinse
            Bilt Hamber Clay
            Foam
            Rinse
            Wash Zaino Z7
            Rinse
            Dry
            Machine polish DAS6 with Pro Megs MF
            ZFXed ZainoZ2
            Zaino Z6
            ZFXed Z2
            Z6
            ZFXed Z2
            Z6
            Zaino Z8
            Zaino ZCS
            Planet Polish Wheel shine
            Auto Finesse Satin on tyres
            Angel wax Elixir on trim

Think it may look pretty clean after this little tickle. Is it a bit excessive though?

Andy
            @cleanyourride_uk

Comment

Today after I did wash her car with G3 detox shampoo, I used Farecla G3 scratch remover then their resin superwax.

It was a freebie set from Auto Restore when they came to fix a trolley scrape from a recent supermarket visit.

Andy
              @cleanyourride_uk

Comment

Good man! No, not excessive, I love your style already!
                That's pretty spot on - I'd start with the Wheels and leave the Bilberry on whilst you snow foam it (I presume you have a wheel brush to agitate the bilberry when first applied?)
                I've not used all the Zaino products, but they will be fine I'm sure.

Only thing I'm tempted to add, do you have a window seal in there? One of the later Zaino products in your list may be, but after all that work, I'd seal the windows with some sort of 'rain-x' type product, my favourite is Autobrite's Repel but there's plenty of others on the market, and I'm not sure if one of the Zaino products you have listed at the end is one?

A great start my friend!
                Regards,
                Clive.

Comment

Yes, I have a Daytona Speedmaster for the alloys and of course I forgot I got Angelwax's H2GO glass sealant today. Was going to get Gtechniqs G1 but seemed a bit if a faff to be honest and was about 3 times the price

Thanks for your advice and I will of course upload the obligatory pics as soon as it's all finished.

Thanks again

Andy
                  @cleanyourride_uk

Comment

You're welcome Andy, looking forward to seeing the pics....

Regards,
                    Clive.

Comment

Working...
                    X