Grandparent lack of car care

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Grandparent lack of car care

Was dropping off my grandad at his house and I told him I hold the door cos he had abit to drink. Well before I could get to the otherside all I heard was bang. I cried and then started to get angry. Not good.

Attached Files
    61 Yellow + Black DS3 Dstyle+ Vti 120
    60 Blue Toyota Aygo 1.0 ( Work Car )
    57 Cool Blue Vauxhall Corsa 1.2 Design (Work Car)
    56 Black C4 VTR+ Hatch 1.6
    03 Mauritius Blue Saxo Desire 1.1

I'm sure Clive will be able to suggest something to reduce the mark! I know how you feel as a friend opened their car door onto mine but luckily no marks were left sorry to hear you wasn't so lucky

Comment

Hi Paul,

Understand your frustration, but remember it's your Grandad, and despite my OCD, it's a car.....Grandad's are more important.

Is it mainly that black mark? If so, it's likely it's on the surface of the paint (I can't see if it's removed paint) - if it's on top of the paint it will likely come out - try some Autoglym Super Resin Polish (give the area a wash first, then dry it), then apply SRP (available from Halfords, and can be used to spruce your car up after a wash) using some pressure, increasing the pressure if needs be, using either a decent cloth or if you have it an applicator pad, then buff off with another cloth (note - don't overapply the quantity of SRP - less is more - literally!)......it might work.....wish I was closer I'd happily have a go at sorting that for you, completely FOC....

Regards,
      Clive.
      CL11 VEP 2011 Former DSport Plus 150THP Sport Red, now something else.......
      DS3 Club's Former Resident OCD Detailer!

Comment

Yeah I know grandad loved lots that's why I bottled it up.

No it's took it right down to metal. I washed it and used srp. Then I used G3 with plenty water. Think it's time for.pro.
        61 Yellow + Black DS3 Dstyle+ Vti 120
        60 Blue Toyota Aygo 1.0 ( Work Car )
        57 Cool Blue Vauxhall Corsa 1.2 Design (Work Car)
        56 Black C4 VTR+ Hatch 1.6
        03 Mauritius Blue Saxo Desire 1.1

Comment

Yep, will need touching in I'm afraid then Paul, c'est la vie.....

Hope you can find some local decent - sometimes chips away are pretty good, depends on the franchisee of course....

Regards,
          Clive.
          CL11 VEP 2011 Former DSport Plus 150THP Sport Red, now something else.......
          DS3 Club's Former Resident OCD Detailer!

Comment

Originally posted by CliveP View Post
            Yep, will need touching in I'm afraid then Paul, c'est la vie.....

Hope you can find some local decent - sometimes chips away are pretty good, depends on the franchisee of course....

Regards,
            Clive.
            I have used Chips Away on my Leon and they were very good.
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Big Bass Paul View Post
              Was dropping off my grandad at his house and I told him I hold the door cos he had abit to drink. Well before I could get to the otherside all I heard was bang. I cried and then started to get angry. Not good.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]4361[/ATTACH]
              Hope u getting on with Grandad OK now
              CBLUE
              sigpic
              Jog on Noddy

Comment

Working...
              X