Autobrite UltraSlick Sealant

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Autobrite UltraSlick Sealant

I thought you might like to see a new product I decided to try today that I bought from Waxstock yesterday (I had hoped to be able to get it there) - it's called Autobrite's UltraSlick Sealant Once I saw it, it immediately said 'Clive, you must buy me, listen to the OCD voices'...so as the OCD voices are in charge, I grabbed a bottle before leaving.

For those of you who are not into your detailing, this is a product you may like - it is a sealant (which you tend to use instead of a wax, and it seals in all your previously polished paintwork (or it just seals it even if you've never polished it)). This is a pretty much a copy of my post from detailing world, but any questions my DS3 friends, please feel free to ask!

OK, next challenge, trying to beat the Bank Holiday glorious weather - I got up early and walked the dogs then did a bit of essential work on my ponds....then the heaven's started...

Determined to give this a go I awaited my opportunity - then the skies cleared and that was it - out I went...

OK, the car was wearing Black Magic Wax, so I knew I needed to strip this - and I was against the elements in how long the 'dry' period was likely to be...

So, the routine (as fast as I could manage), was:
    Wash - Autobrite Banana Gloss
    Left Wet
    Sprayed on Autobrite 'Wax Off'
    Rinse
    Dried
    Cleaned Windscreen with Autobrite Crystal Glass Cleaner and applied Autobrite Repel to top it up

Then double checked the instructions for the Ultra Slick 'Spray and Wipe ' - umm is it that easy? Yes it is - in fact so easy I did the car twice as I was enjoying it and now 'ahead' of the threatening skies! In fact to show how far it goes, in the picture of it below, this is the amount in the bottle after going over my (ok, little!) car twice!
    A little Autobrite Bubblegum trim around the door windows (only)
    Cleaned off the Autobrite Repel using Autobrite Crystal Glass Cleaner (as it had now had it's 15 minutes to 'set' as per the instructions).

Note, that's all that is on the car - the Ultra Slick Sealant, no other LSP....just this straight on the car..... Total time was an hour from start to finish!

The picture of the bonnet, the rain is beginning to spit...

Quality Product Control Check by Billy, my black Labrador (this picture is after I'd finished so you can see how little I'd used going round twice and I think I over-applied it too!):

Close Up:

Hope you like!
    Regards,
    Clive.
    Last edited by CliveP; 27-08-2012, 16:39.
    CL11 VEP 2011 Former DSport Plus 150THP Sport Red, now something else.......
    DS3 Club's Former Resident OCD Detailer!

Looks like another quality product from AB. Maybe something to consider, especially after I have paid you a visit to make my car look pretty

Comment

Clive

Looks really good, as per

Sounds like a great product.. Might make life a lot easier for me to keep the car cleaned, when combined with ONR

How much is it for a bottle of that size?

Cheers
      Gavin

Comment

Thanks folks, hope some more like too - Gavin - that bottle was £12, but I'm not 100% sure whether that is an introductory price, but will keep an eye out.

For the money, if you make sure the prepartion underneath is good, then this will sit very nicely as a quick use LSP

Dan, looking forward to getting yours sorted!

Regards,
        Clive.

Comment

Clive

Sounds very similar to Zaino CS albeit at half the price. Would have looked at this if I hadn't already purchased the ZCS.
          Will be interesting to hear your review of it after some miles of driving in our great British weather.

Andy
          Andy DS3 Club's Resident OCD Detailer!
          Take a pride in your ride
          @cleanyourride_uk

Comment

Hey Clive please tell me you also have a bottle labelled 'Wax on'
            ...I should never have doubted the Lord of Bacon!!
            Bigfeet's File Repository
            The DS3Club Bacon Appreciation Society

Comment

Originally posted by Bigfeet View Post

Comment

hahahahahahaha
                http://db.tt/tJZ0ZQG1
                Black on Black DSports+ THP 155 16v Custom Remap to 193BHP; 230lb/ft

Comment

On a serious note Clive that is amazing shine you have there.

I've always fancied having a go with a machine polisher but am too chicken to try in case I leave a mess!
                  ...I should never have doubted the Lord of Bacon!!
                  Bigfeet's File Repository
                  The DS3Club Bacon Appreciation Society

Comment

Originally posted by RabidRacoon28 View Post
                    Clive

Sounds very similar to Zaino CS albeit at half the price. Would have looked at this if I hadn't already purchased the ZCS.
                    Will be interesting to hear your review of it after some miles of driving in our great British weather.

Andy
                    Yes you could well be right Andy, I've never tried Zaino CS but the word Zaino normally equals a lot of pennies - will see what the durability is - knowing Mark it is likely to be good - I can sometimes switch to sealants over winter due to the weather, but truth is I find it hard to leave changing my LSP for the fun of it regularly! I tend to do durability tests on other people's cars as they often don't touch them between me sorting them for them!

LOL, possibly!

On a serious note Clive that is amazing shine you have there.

I've always fancied having a go with a machine polisher but am too chicken to try in case I leave a mess!
                    Yes the shine is good for a quick product, but as always depends on the quality of the paintwork prep underneath - and if you need anymore convincing to consdier picking pu a machine polisher I've not machined the DS3 for a year - so it's been done once in the time I've had it - maintaining that quality is simply down to the correct wash technique, then enjoying your chosen LSP (I have quite a collection, including wax on, up, down, left, right, aim, fire, lol)....!
                    As you're our friendly Citroen Dealer if we could ever manage it I'd happily show you the ropes on using a machine (a DA likely)...

Still wish we'd have got more people for the day we did last year, was a great day.......

Regards,
                    Clive.

Comment

Working...
                    X