Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New Toy - New Flex PE 14-2 150 Rotary Polisher!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Toy - New Flex PE 14-2 150 Rotary Polisher!

I hope you lot don't mind me posting this, but let me myself get excited after adding this to my collection! As there's a couple more of you who've asked if I can machine your DS3s, this is the little baby I will be using to do it!

After 'test driving' the Flex PE 14-2 150 Rotary Polisher at Waxstock a few weeks back, whilst at Autobrite yesterday training the Back to Basics Plus course, I decided to spend some pennies on this lovely Flex.

What a lovely machine, I was impressed when I 'test drove' it at Waxstock, but yesterday I got to try it during the course (what a machine to demo using a rotary on!) and then this afternoon I couldn't resist trying it on the neighbour's Black A3 - I machined this car back in May 2010 but being 'black-black' it seems to attract marks even more than most cars attract bird poo!

All I can say is the machine is an absolute pleasure to use, I particularly love the weight balance, the whole ergomonics of the machine feels 'just right'. Do I need a top-end pro machine? - No! Am I glad I bought it? - Oh Yes!

A few pics, I was using it to remove some RDS on the bonnet of the A3:

The finished Result (not close up, just wanted to say 'This is some machine!'):

Detailing Hobbyists often debate if they 'need' to spend 'this much' on a machine polisher - like a lot of things you can debate all day long, and you simply don't (certainly not as a hobbyist) - but at less than the equivalent of two months council tax (what do I get for that?!!!!), why did I wait? LOL....

Regards,
    Clive.
    CL11 VEP 2011 Former DSport Plus 150THP Sport Red, now something else.......
    DS3 Club's Former Resident OCD Detailer!

Now that's a deep shine!

Hope you dont mind me asking but how would you go about machine polishing a DS3R that's covered in vinyls. Would you have to tape over every vinyl or do as much with the machine as you can and do in between by hand?

Comment

Sweet !

Comment

Originally posted by lewis crichton View Post
        Now that's a deep shine!

Hope you dont mind me asking but how would you go about machine polishing a DS3R that's covered in vinyls. Would you have to tape over every vinyl or do as much with the machine as you can and do in between by hand?
        Thanks Lewis - that shine isn't really refined yet, I was just trying to give the machine a drive! But yes it's not bad!

In terms of a DS3R I'd take a good look at the stickers but, as long as they're secure, I could probably work without taping them up.....

Originally posted by ZACK View Post
        Sweet !
        Thanks Zack!

Regards,
        Clive.

Comment

Looking good Clive!
          - DS3 DSport Plus - THP 155 - Belle-ile Blue with Perla Nera Black Roof -
          - DS3Club Discord -

Comment

Nice Clive, amazing what a pleasure it can be to use a well built quality tool.
            Originally posted by cyclone
            It is in the handbook. Satisfied.
            Originally posted by Broda
            I would rather teabag a bear trap

Comment

Next time scrimp on the polisher and buy some shoe laces lol

Looks incredible that finish like
              http://db.tt/tJZ0ZQG1
              Black on Black DSports+ THP 155 16v Custom Remap to 193BHP; 230lb/ft

Comment

Originally posted by BeefMasta View Post
                Looking good Clive!
                Thanks Patrick, glad you like!

Originally posted by cyclone View Post
                Nice Clive, amazing what a pleasure it can be to use a well built quality tool.
                Thanks, yep certainly is!

Originally posted by chiefnerd View Post
                Next time scrimp on the polisher and buy some shoe laces lol

Looks incredible that finish like
                Well spotted Chief! I commented last night 'wonder if someone might notice' - they are my ludicrously old, but much loved, 'garden shoes', lol - I know they are at least 15 years old, if not older!

Yes, not a bad finish, and I was only really trying the machine out rather than concentrating!

Thanks All!
                Clive.

Comment

If that was £50 I would be buying one now!!!

Jimbob

Comment

Originally posted by Jimbob View Post
                    If that was £50 I would be buying one now!!!

Jimbob
                    Hi Jim,

I can get you one for £50 - the only difference with the machine above is the weight/balance etc - my '£50' one is just as good, it just weighs twice the weight and you know that after hours of polishing.....my new one will also go all day, everyday. The cheaper one will not last anywhere near as long, not that that matters for a hobbyist, which is all I am, but I like to try to play in the top pro league for fun!

I help run training courses on how to use them, as get it wrong and you're go straight through the paint in a blink of the eye! There's more technique to it than you might at first think.

But with the right techniques I can remove most blemishes and swirl marks - then if you keep the swirls out it only takes a fraction of the time each week to return my car to a lovely look!

It's going to get used this Saturday, can't wait!

Regards,
                    Clive.

Comment

As much as we all like keeping the motor clean, is there any point where its just too much LOL
                      I mean the car is for driving isnt it
                      No wonder its called OBSESSIVE Compulsive disorder

CBLUE
                      sigpic
                      Jog on Noddy

Comment

Originally posted by Chris_Blue View Post
                        As much as we all like keeping the motor clean, is there any point where its just too much LOL
                        I mean the car is for driving isnt itNo wonder its called OBSESSIVE Compulsive disorder

CBLUE
                        It certainly is Chris - I drive it all the time, it's my toy! I've got two cars, I like driving that much! The detailing and the car cleaning are mutually exclusive - today I've done 74 miles for fun, and it's now nice and dirty ready for a little detail - once clean I'll drive it again!

I've got an OCD sticker - for obsessive compulsive detailer - I watched a documentary on the real OCD, and that was in fact sad, because people with the 'real' illness do not lead nice lives. My OCD is on car detailing, Japenese Koi Carp, and business! And I like helping people and doing my bit. Luckily none kill me and I'm happy!

Clive.

Comment

Working...
                        X