Autosmart tardis???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Autosmart tardis???

I had my ds3 done with supaguard & need to know if i use autosmart tardis to get tar spots off if it will react/interfare or even strip the supaguard off??? Thanks Charlie

Hi Charlie,

I'm probably biased but unless Supaguard was applied 'really' correctly, it won't last long in my view - typically it shouldn't be rushed and applied in a day or so. Supaguard has effectively applied a 'top up' clearcoat to your car, which can still swirl, etc, if it remains there.

Tardis is a good product but quite strong. If you use it, I suggest you apply a decent wax afterwards.

Regards,
    Clive.
    CL11 VEP 2011 Former DSport Plus 150THP Sport Red, now something else.......
    DS3 Club's Former Resident OCD Detailer!

Comment

Hi Clive, thanks for your reply as it has been most helpful but what wax do you reccomend??? Thanks Charlie

Comment

Hi Charlie,

If you don't want to go buying online and just want to grab something from Halfords, you could use Autoglym Super Resin Polish (which is a bit of an 'All in One' it contains very mild polish and fillers to hide minor swirls/inperfections and provides a little protection). Some people like Extra Gloss Protection which will extend the protection (apply it after the SRP has been applied and buffed off).

If you want to go online then the Colinite Waxes are very good at decent proces, my personal favourite of theirs is Colinite 915 Marque D'Excellence - it's a Canadian paste Wax with incredible durability - you will need a wax applicator (foam type) and some nice microfibres to remove it - tip apply it very thinly (I can get circa 60 coats out of one tin!) and go back and buff after applying to a couple of panels, it can set rock hard if not careful!

Regards,
        Clive.
        CL11 VEP 2011 Former DSport Plus 150THP Sport Red, now something else.......
        DS3 Club's Former Resident OCD Detailer!

Comment

Working...
        X