Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SuperGuard

Good Afternoon All,

I have just taken delivery of my new DS3 D Sport, unfortunately they snuck on the Super guard Pain Protection stuff, I have to admit I've seen this used in the past and haven't been impressed. Ive spent all morning cleaning polish off the black surfaces like the Arial base etc

I know i could use a clay to remove it if I wish, but my question is this:

Iv'e been given a "Care Pack" consisting of an alloy wheel cleaner, Body Shampoo and Glass Cleaner, I am assuming that I don't have to use this?, I tend to prefer AutoGlym products.

I cant imagine the Super guard wash contains anything different to any ordinary shampoo?

Any Thoughts?

Thanks

Rich

I think in general the folk on here hate anything superguard lol, prob best sticking to the AG products.
    Clive P on the forum is crazy about all this stuff, he'd be up there with the best to advise you!
    Polar white with black roof, black bellones - My Photies!!

Comment

Pete,

Thank you, My dad had this stuff on his old Rover BRM and I hated it, the dust and dirt used to get locked into the paint between washes, sadly the dealer snuck the Super Guard on with the Gap protection and I didn't notice, else I would have begged them not to apply the stuff.

I am perfectly capable of washing and polishing a car to a good standard myself, after all its only a Polymer based polish nothing special and doesn't warrant the £300 price

Comment

Well make sure they don't wash it when you leave it in for a service - mine went for its 1st service in June and they washed it and left 2 scrapes on the bonnet and one on the passenger door. dicks.

Comment

Clive P Help!!
          sigpic

Comment

I think if we say his name 3 times he'll appear! Clive P!
            - DS3 DSport Plus - THP 155 - Belle-ile Blue with Perla Nera Black Roof -
            - DS3Club Discord -

Comment

Originally posted by BeefMasta View Post
              I think if we say his name 3 times he'll appear! Clive P!
              mmm, nope. it mustn't be dark enough for him to see his batman-type light!

Comment

Originally posted by Petewete View Post
                mmm, nope. it mustn't be dark enough for him to see his batman-type light!
                - DS3 DSport Plus - THP 155 - Belle-ile Blue with Perla Nera Black Roof -
                - DS3Club Discord -

Comment

Originally posted by BeefMasta View Post
                  Genius.

Comment

Did someone say my name? lol!

Welcome Rich nice to 'meet' you.

As they've given you the products my advice is just them - I hate Superguard - not that it's a bad product, it's just applied way too fast and makes a nutty margin for dealers (the only one I trust is Bigfeet!) - I can do it but it's often applied like child's play (for those old enough to remember the term I often think it is applied by thr YTS trainee)...these sort of products should take a few days, not a few hours (or minutes).

The polymer base doesn't even have a LSP added to it - in a way it just 'extends' the clearcoat, but doesn't stop that extension in itself geting swirl marks from bad wash techniques, i.e. sponges, etc - not that it will last anyway in my experience.

I'd recommend an enhancement machine polish to bring it off completely, remove any swirls they managed to 'seal' in with it, but the protection will be off in no time anyway in my experience of the quality of application.

If you're into machining and complete swirl removal and avoidance then great to have another detailing nutter like me! There's a few links to my work in the cleaning section, I just love the aesthetic rewards of it! I've done a few members cars on here, and I've got a nice one or two others lined up!

In terms of the scratches I'd love to try to get those off for you Pete, but I don't think distance between us is our side on that one.

Best Regards,
                    Clive.
                    Last edited by CliveP; 12-10-2012, 22:09.
                    CL11 VEP 2011 Former DSport Plus 150THP Sport Red, now something else.......
                    DS3 Club's Former Resident OCD Detailer!

Comment

Originally posted by CliveP View Post
                      In terms of the scratches I'd love to try to get those off for you Pete, but I don't think distance between us is our side on that one.
                      lol, cheers clive, I'm on my own with that one then!

Comment

Hi Clive.

I have to say I am not impressed with the product so far, I used the Bodywork Shampoo this afternoon to give my DS3 her first wash, using a lambswool Mitt and 2 Bucket method, the car was full of wax residue and streaks. The Glass Polish didn't do anything and left the wax from the bodywork shampoo still on the glass

I think I will throw the lot away and go back to my AuyoGlym stuff.

I do want to look into some decent kit, i see that you can get buckets with stone guards in and some very nice detailing kit that I may

Comment

Working...
                        X