DAS-6 PRO Dual Action Polisher

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DAS-6 PRO Dual Action Polisher

A very quick question, has any body got or used a DAS-6 PRO Dual Action Polisher

Thinking about getting 1 for christmas,i would love to know what you think of it

And cau anybody also recomend pads that i should buy for polishing, sealing and waxing

Many many thanks, Forest-sion
    Last edited by Forest-sion; 20-12-2012, 21:30.

CliveP is the man to speak to.
    - DS3 DSport Plus - THP 155 - Belle-ile Blue with Perla Nera Black Roof -
    - DS3Club Discord -

Comment

Hi,

Yes, I've got a DAS-6 in my collection - might be easier to chat about it, PM me your number and I'll give you a call

Regards,
      Clive.
      CL11 VEP 2011 Former DSport Plus 150THP Sport Red, now something else.......
      DS3 Club's Former Resident OCD Detailer!

Comment

Thanks Clive i'll PM you after the Christmas period, have a good 1

Comment

Thread resurrection:
          Invested in one of these a few ago myself. Polished the bonnet (Twice) and the boot lid and rear side panel with both SRP Autoglym (Created loadsa white dusty powder) and Megs latest super polish, whatever its called

My point being, whilst it certainly makes the panels shiny and bright, it doesn't seem to have removed the tiny swirl marks

Am I doing it right, or does it take a few attempts, which is what I'm guessing
          sigpic
          Jog on Noddy

Comment

What pads were you using?

Comment

And are you using any sort of cutting compound?

Comment

Using pads that came with the machine- tried 2 types so far. Just looks like sponge to me
                Megs Ultimate compound?
                sigpic
                Jog on Noddy

Comment

I think Andy (CYR) will be able to give you lots of info on this Chris - I thought he lived and breathed this stuff Where is he when you need him ??
                  sigpic

Comment

You get different pads depending on what you want to do. Generally the firmer they are the more cut they'll achieve, and they range from heavy cutting to jewelling. To remove swirl marks you'll probably be looking to use a heavy polishing pad, with an appropriate compound. Megs 205 would be best, as I think the ultimate compound would be a little too soft for the purpose. I'm still quite new to machine polishing as well, but that's what I've found so far. Once you've done that though, you'll need to go over it again with a finishing pad and compound as when you use a heavier cutting compound it leaves holographic marks on the paint that need to be removed.

Comment

Originally posted by lfcrule1972 View Post
                      I think Andy (CYR) will be able to give you lots of info on this Chris - I thought he lived and breathed this stuff Where is he when you need him ??
                      Thought he could help, not sure he gets on here much

Originally posted by mk2k41 View Post
                      You get different pads depending on what you want to do. Generally the firmer they are the more cut they'll achieve, and they range from heavy cutting to jewelling. To remove swirl marks you'll probably be looking to use a heavy polishing pad, with an appropriate compound. Megs 205 would be best, as I think the ultimate compound would be a little too soft for the purpose. I'm still quite new to machine polishing as well, but that's what I've found so far. Once you've done that though, you'll need to go over it again with a finishing pad and compound as when you use a heavier cutting compound it leaves holographic marks on the paint that need to be removed.
                      All good advice thanks mk2. Will have a look at the megs 205. Didnt bother with the finishing pad, but will give that a go. Do you have to wash the pads after every use, as they take ages to dry?

What about those sponges that have large indentations in them?
                      sigpic
                      Jog on Noddy

Comment

I wash my pads in the washing machine with the rest of the cloths I use. There an awful lot of different pads out there, with different applications. I use Hexlogic pads personally and find they do a good job, and when they're combined with Megs 205 and 105 (finishing compound) it covers most eventualities.

Really the best advice, which is what I was given, is practice practice practice. Proper technique is the key, rather than specific products used.

Comment

I have a great Pad Chart but it's 567k on a PDF.

If anyone wants a copy or knows how to load it let me know.

Cheers

JB

Comment

Originally posted by Jimbob View Post

I have a great Pad Chart but it's 567k on a PDF.

If anyone wants a copy or knows how to load it let me know.

Cheers

JB
                            Best bet would be to create a dropbox account and upload it there.

http://www.dropbox.com
                            cyclone> Fish is the man

Comment

Originally posted by Dangerousfish View Post
                              Best bet would be to create a dropbox account and upload it there.

http://www.dropbox.com
                              Sadly not allowed on a council computer

JB

Comment

Working...
                              X