Cleaning the car

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cleaning the car

I know this might bore a lot of you but I would be genuinely interested in how to make the car look it's best. Currently using a GardX kit that the dealer wanted to sell me for £199 but I got off FleeBay for £15.

Is this good stuff or would a good polish be better, or both?

Jimbob

To be honest you can get your car looking good with plain old Comma car polish.
    Take a look at the pics on an old thread of mine I think it was shiny at last! All I used was the Comma car polish and it was gleaming

here you go http://ds3club.co.uk/showthread.php?...ighlight=shiny
    Last edited by floydy; 06-11-2010, 18:11. Reason: addition

Comment

Be sure to check out this post as well as this one also. I just gave the BobMobile a good scrub today, noticed the chrome bits on the doors are a bit manky even after a good scrub, gonna need some proper stuff for scrubbing those bits me thinks.

You'll get lots of handy hints here from us lot who love cleaning it. Can't recommend the Red Mist as well fella, makes your car shine like baby Jesus' smile and smell the biz!

Comment

Thanks folks. Having read all the posts I thought I might as well try what I had in the back of the garage. I had turtle wax in black and used it for the main body. It looked so good I went and got the white version for the roof. BIG MISTAKE!!! Roof looks great but it took me about an hour to get the white bits off the black paintwork where they fell off the polishing cloth. Never again.

James

Comment

Get some pics up so we can see your handy work

Comment

Pics (if it works)

Here they are.
            No idea if this will work with managing attachments.
            If so it should be one picture to show a clean car and one to show the leather that I stole!!!!

Jimbob
            Attached Files

Comment

Hello
              Try this site mate
              Cleanmitts.com
              Good stuff on there

Comment

Will do Karl

Cheers

Comment

Originally posted by Jimbob View Post
                  Here they are.
                  No idea if this will work with managing attachments.
                  If so it should be one picture to show a clean car and one to show the leather that I stole!!!!

Jimbob
                  Looking good ! you'll notice that its easier to get it clean next wash after a decent waxing, mine had a wash today, first after the pics were taken and it came up a treat

Comment

I better add some cleaning gear to my Christmas list lol

Comment

dealer said to me the best price he could give for GuardX was £399!! I knew it was a rip off

Comment

Working...
                      X