Car desperately needs some love

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Car desperately needs some love

Well, after nearly a year of attention I have to concede defeat and admit that I cannot get my paintwork back to the condition it should be in. The previous owner must of cleaned it with twigs and broken glass I think Lol.

Time to speak to the great man himself...Clive how much do you charge for a makeover?

yes that should do it.
    DS3 RACING | SUPERCHIPPED 233bhp/321nm | ITG INDUCTION

sigpic

Comment

Car clean realism

Am I too much of a realist?

As cars get older theyre gonna get stone chips, swirls, tar spots, scratches, colour blemishes (Birds poo), and whatever amount of polish, wax, cleaning, clay barring, valeting and hours and hours of work they will never again look like showroom new.

And anyway- we are all keeping it in great nick so that we can part ex, sell or move it on to someone else, pretty much. Unless we all want the same car for 20 years- so whats the point of getting obsessive about it, as other will ultimately benefit.

So my DS3 is gonna get old gracefully, with all the help and cleaning that befits her, but not gonna use every product known to Halfords to try and keep the tide back on an ageing vehicle. Mind you shes only 20mnths old at the mo.

Anyways- when it gets that bad, you get a new one

This is, in no way, critiscism of those that want to wash and polish till Kingdom come

Seen the new Mercedes A45 AMG.......335 BHP, 2.0litre turbo charged 0-60 4.4secs, 155mph (Remap to go more) averages 35mpg! £35k (Whistles loudly)

CBLUE
      sigpic
      Jog on Noddy

Comment

Hi Fuds,

I'm sure I can sort most of it, I'll drop you a PM or you me...

Chris, I hope I can beat showroom, the vast majority of cars in a showroom are terrible in my opinion, but 99.9% of the population are impressed. I'll take a 15 year old car and try to beat showroom, just for the fun of it.

Umm point of getting obsessive, is just down to what makes you tick, horses for courses so to speak - some people like to drink, but I completely don't get that, so much so I cannot remember when I last had a drink.....but again a high percentage of the population do drink...

You pays your money, you make your life choices, thank God we're all different!

Regards,
        Clive.
        CL11 VEP 2011 Former DSport Plus 150THP Sport Red, now something else.......
        DS3 Club's Former Resident OCD Detailer!

Comment

Quite right Clive. Specially the last line
          Keep on truckin.
          CBLUE
          sigpic
          Jog on Noddy

Comment

I'd love you to do my car Clive, maybe after I've saved for the remap and then get some cash together again I'll give you a shout for a quote for working your magic on mine
            sigpic

Comment

Sure, no problem

Regards,
              Clive.
              CL11 VEP 2011 Former DSport Plus 150THP Sport Red, now something else.......
              DS3 Club's Former Resident OCD Detailer!

Comment

Nice one - at present it's v shiny and no marks (I know you'll spot hundreds lol) but in a years time it will need one of your special make overs to put her back to amazing again !
                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                X