Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

When something STOPS me detailing - thank Goodness Charlie is fine!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• When something STOPS me detailing - thank Goodness Charlie is fine!

Well in terms of what matters, 80% of the way through a quick detailing yesterday, I hear 'Charlie's eaten the chocolates'.

I'd just put a new sealant on my car, was trying it for the first time.

Meanwhile my Chocolate Labrador eats 3/4s of a box of Thorntons chocolates - a mixture of 60% cocoa and 30% cocoa chocolates eaten by a 33 kg Lab.

I stop on the spot, simply running my microfibre over the sealant at 100 mph, and Charlie goes into the back of the 4x4, shoot straight to the 24x7 vets in Derby...there in 40 minutes....

One injection later, (to make him sick), charcoal, and 24 hours on a drip my dog is back home fine..... £300 well spent, they could have had my DS3 as long as my dogs are ok.

Love and perfection....

Regards,
    Clive.
    CL11 VEP 2011 Former DSport Plus 150THP Sport Red, now something else.......
    DS3 Club's Former Resident OCD Detailer!

Hmm ye dogs and chocolate.... Never a good combo!
    Glad Charlie is fine, now get back on the car

Comment

Glad he's OK
      - DS3 DSport Plus - THP 155 - Belle-ile Blue with Perla Nera Black Roof -
      - DS3Club Discord -

Comment

Indeed Dan and cheers, you'd have laughed seeing me trying to remove the solid sealant later in the evening in the dark!

Cheers Patrick, you've met the blighter!

Comment

Well pleased Charlie is ok - I didn't realise dogs eating chocolate was such a bad thing....
          sigpic

Comment

Haha ye I bet that was fun, atleast it gives you an excuse to get out there again..
            Will have to pm u soonish and see if we can sort a date for me to come up for that detail.

Comment

Originally posted by CliveP View Post
              80% of the way through a quick detailing
              A "quick detailing"? Nobody on here believes that you are familiar with that concept, Clive!

Great to hear that Charlie is OK - put the chocs on the top shelf next time!

Comment

Yes, it can be fatal - they can't handle the cocoa beans - there's a formula vets used based on the dog's weight and % cocoa content, but of course this assumes you've known what they've had... in his case he was past the 'toxic' level.....it's then all down to reaction times...

Grapes and raisins can also be fatal for them, just one if you're unlucky...

Thanks for your wishes, appreciated....
                Clive.

Comment

Gar, you're right there my friend - you know 'quick' just five hours, lol....

Blinking chocs, right now I've gone off them, so easy to make a mistake as they are normally keep up high!

Clive.

Comment

Originally posted by Ds3Dan View Post
                    Haha ye I bet that was fun, atleast it gives you an excuse to get out there again..
                    Will have to pm u soonish and see if we can sort a date for me to come up for that detail.
                    Look forward to it Dan

No chocolates though, I'll get you one of the best butties in the Midlands (ask Beefmasta!)....

Comment

Glad your dog is ok clive & just for anyone who doesnt know about dogs & chocolate read this

http://www.hillspet.ie/en-ie/dog-adu...s-to-dogs.html
                      http://www.ds3club.co.uk/attachment....4&d=1420569803
                      :rolleyes: Too Good For Heaven & Too Bad For Hell :mad:

sigpic

Comment

Thanks for posting that Steve, appreciated.

Here's the little blighter tonight, about 2 minutes ago, chilling on a sofa, legs out (you can see where they trimmed his leg hair back for the drip!). Black lab (part) in the background was fine, luckily we knew he'd not had any!

Comment

glad the dogs ok. I hope you wash your hands after the buttie clive hate to think of that grease near the car hope to catch you soon need a discussion on these scratches on my bonnet

Comment

Oh, only wash them ten times Matt! All my 'detailees' are treated to lunchtime sandwiches!

No problem to chat on those scratches anytime

Comment

To be honest clive i didnt doubt for a second. i was close to thinking maybe wear gloves whilst eating the buttie sounds good to me , excellent these scratches bug me every saturday i clean the car :mad:

Comment

Working...
                              X