Am I obsessed??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Am I obsessed??

There must be lots of you guys out there the same as me..........come on guys?? lol. I HATE when it's been raining in the night after I have cleaned my car!! I wake up, look out the window and see those little droplets on my car. I have to drive round the corner from my house (so the neighbours don't think I'm bonkers) get out the car and dry my car off to a shine, then I can drive to work feeling ok....is this being obsessive???????? lol

Yes.

next question?

(...only joking!)
    Shark grey / white Vti 120 DStyle ordered 2 March 2013, built 23 March 2013, collected 20 April 2013

Comment

Lol.... Ok

Comment

yes

JB

Comment

Definitely Yes lol but for those who luv their cars it understandable that you want it to be seen looking good
          The Truth is Out There !

Comment

If you where truly obsessed you wouldn't take it around the corner to clean it off. Look at Clive now he is obsessed with cleaning. He would do it proudly right out where everyone can see.

Don't worry you will get there
            Originally posted by cyclone
            It is in the handbook. Satisfied.
            Originally posted by Broda
            I would rather teabag a bear trap

Comment

lol.....true! But Clive seems to be a one off!! lol

Comment

Had sort of the same this morning. Washed my DS last night, walked up to the car this morning, and found it covered in pollen Didn't have the time to clean it off, but it's on m mind now for the rest of the day. Such a shame. But that's what you get when you buy a black car

Comment

Originally posted by FLP View Post
                  Had sort of the same this morning. Washed my DS last night, walked up to the car this morning, and found it covered in pollen Didn't have the time to clean it off, but it's on m mind now for the rest of the day. Such a shame. But that's what you get when you buy a black car
                  at last!! a fellow obsessor!!! lmao!

Comment

Haha, not too obsessive me, but it makes me a bit sad I like to keep my car shiny and new-looking as long as possible

Comment

Yeah....I'm not really obsessed....I just hate it when I've spent a lot of time cleaning my car for it to only look great for a day!

Comment

Indeed!

Comment

With the right prep those water droplets won't mark too much (depends on the rain's content, where you are, etc, etc), but a decent LSP can protect it a lot

Originally posted by cyclone View Post
                          If you where truly obsessed you wouldn't take it around the corner to clean it off. Look at Clive now he is obsessed with cleaning. He would do it proudly right out where everyone can see.

Don't worry you will get there
                          Indeed, I'd do it right there in front of everyone! My record is midnight I think! Remember I do train and demo to people and they pay to watch! lol....

Originally posted by Goonerman1 View Post
                          Ohhh ? lol

Originally posted by FLP View Post
                          Haha, not too obsessive me, but it makes me a bit sad I like to keep my car shiny and new-looking as long as possible
                          Too right FLP - I'm not too obessive either, never spent more than 10 hours I think on a DS3, small fry.......23 hours is more like my norm on some cars

Enjoy, enjoy, enjoy folks! If anyone wants me to re-post my DS3 enhancement details just shout

Regards,
                          Clive.
                          CL11 VEP 2011 Former DSport Plus 150THP Sport Red, now something else.......
                          DS3 Club's Former Resident OCD Detailer!

Comment

Originally posted by Goonerman1 View Post
                            He isnt a one off at all.

Every day i clean my car in some way or another; whether that be a daily spray of Zaino Z6 on bodywork and wheels or a 2bm wash. Just bought Orchard Autocares speedwax which is a fantastic product; got it 3 days ago and its had 6 coats already.

Yesterdays purchases were a £19 Woolly Mammoth drying towel and some Clearkote Machine Moose Glaze. This Sunday will be another £100 worth of goods from the DodoJuice open day at Shinearama.

I dont drink, i dont smoke, i dont hit a little white ball around a field trying to get it into a hole and i work hard. Obsessing and detailing of my car (not cleaning or valeting) is my passion and if that is obsessive then i dont give a sh@t
                            Last edited by Clean Your Ride; 26-04-2013, 07:38.
                            Andy DS3 Club's Resident OCD Detailer!
                            Take a pride in your ride
                            @cleanyourride_uk

Comment

I love obsessive compulsive people - they are usually:

1. Interesting.
                              2. An expert on their chosen subject.
                              3. An example that makes us feel we are not so bad after all!

JB

Comment

Working...
                              X