Dash repair

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dash repair

This may have been asked before so if it has I apologise. I have a small scratch on my dash and it's really bugging me. I know this high polished material would be very sensitive to any compound but is there anyway of polishing this scratch out safely or do I just have to live with it??

Originally posted by Goonerman1 View Post
    This may have been asked before so if it has I apologise. I have a small scratch on my dash and it's really bugging me. I know this high polished material would be very sensitive to any compound but is there anyway of getting this scratch out safely or do I just have to live with it??
    Probably get some better answers if you uploaded a pic of the scratch Gooner.
    cyclone> Fish is the man

Comment

Originally posted by Goonerman1 View Post
      This may have been asked before so if it has I apologise. I have a small scratch on my dash and it's really bugging me. I know this high polished material would be very sensitive to any compound but is there anyway of getting this scratch out safely or do I just have to live with it??
      #

Has been posted before. I bought some polish and it came with a "lipstick" of waxy like material. You run it over the scratch and hey presto it disappears!
      Think it was a free gift with the polish so might not still be available. I can get details if it helps as I can't remember which polish it was. It's on here somewhere if you search.

JB

Comment

There was another thread on this recently (and also about scratches to the plastic on the fascia dials) I think one of the answers suggested some polishing compound to try but I don't know whether it was any good ?

Search might find the thread I mentioned and you can see if you want to try it as well
        sigpic

Comment

Found it!!
          Hey folks

I found some black Turtle Wax colour polish in the garage.
          It had what looks like a black wax lipstick with it to repair scratches.
          I rubbed this into the scratch then polished it.
          Hey presto no scratch!!!! Cant even see where it was!

Jimbob

ps it also came in white! Under post started by me so search on "dash scratch"

Comment

Mmmmm are you sure that's where the black wax lipstick came from Jimbo ??

#trannyblacklippy
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Jimbob View Post
              Found it!!
              Hey folks

I found some black Turtle Wax colour polish in the garage.
              It had what looks like a black wax lipstick with it to repair scratches.
              I rubbed this into the scratch then polished it.
              Hey presto no scratch!!!! Cant even see where it was!

Jimbob

ps it also came in white! Under post started by me so search on "dash scratch"
              http://ds3club.co.uk/showthread.php?...t=dash+scratch
              cyclone> Fish is the man

Comment

Originally posted by lfcrule1972 View Post
                Mmmmm are you sure that's where the black wax lipstick came from Jimbo ??

#trannyblacklippy
                My personal life is no concern of this forum!!!

JB

Comment

Thanks guys. I see the last comment on that thread mentions autoglym super resin polish, which funnily enough I ordered online yesterday, so may give that a go when it arrives. I just tried to take a pic but I am parked in an undercover carpark at work and it's way too dark to get a decent shot. Will try later

Comment

Novus I got some from amazon £15. ish you need to put the work in to get the results, multiple layers

Comment

SRP won't remove a scratch, it will just temporarily fill it like JBs lipstick.
                      As Odin stated, the Novus system will work to permanently remove the scratch. An excellent product
                      Andy DS3 Club's Resident OCD Detailer!
                      Take a pride in your ride
                      @cleanyourride_uk

Comment

Working...
                      X