Ready for Auto Express Photo Shoot :)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ready for Auto Express Photo Shoot :)

So, first day off from business this year, tomorrow, so off for Auto Express Photo Shoot in the morning, well can't have a day doing nothing, can we? Might as well be busy than doing nothing

Well just a few pics as I gave the car a quick once over ready for Auto Express in the morning Had to go out a little while ago so took my other car to avoid any flies on the DS3.

As well as a quick whizz round the outside, I also cleaned and refreshed the leather seats, and a freshen up of the engine

Pics of the engine have not come out so well, but as I did it, thought some of you might like to see - this has done 27,500 miles, dead easy to keep your engine looking good too! Was losing light when I took pics too, but the reflections on the car are nice and deep

Nice Wet Look: Autobrite Abyss on paintwork, tyres and trims.

Regards,
    Clive.
    Last edited by CliveP; 09-06-2013, 21:00.
    CL11 VEP 2011 Former DSport Plus 150THP Sport Red, now something else.......
    DS3 Club's Former Resident OCD Detailer!

Looking good!
    My DS3R3... nearly....
    New? Click HERE for some useful threads.

Comment

Looks great
      sigpicDs3 Racing

Comment

Sweet!
        Daron Brewood

DS3 Sport Plus - 'Yellow Hawk'
        CEO smartphonegurus.com
        Phone: HTC One, Nokia Lumia 920 / 925
        Cars:
        Mark II Cortina > Hillman Avenger > Datsun 120Y > Morris Ital > BL Maestro > Hyundai coupé > Rover 25 > MG ZR > Peugeot 307CC > 207 > 207CC > Citroen DS3 Sport+

Comment

I can only see the pic of the engine, the top one is missing a bit, still I know how good your cars look Clive

What did you use on the engine bay ?
          sigpic

Comment

Hi, hope you can see the pic now? It was working on mine all the time from either laptop or my phone.....

I cleaned it with AB Jaffa Clean....then used Berry Blast Endurance Trim Gel on the trim afterwards - AB do also do a Engine Protectant you can spray over it after cleaning, I just didn't have any.....so used the Trim Gel instead....

Regards,
            Clive.

Comment

Not visible at work but I'll take another look at home tonight, thanks for the further tips on cleaning the engine and bay, can feel a lot of money being spent at Autobrite Direct these next few paydays lol
              sigpic

Comment

No one product is really too much - it's when you end up with a garage full like me it's a lot, but I need it for my hobby

You do have to be careful on the engine re water getting in where it shouldn't - happy to chat if you want to go for it....

Regards,
                Clive.

Comment

Thanks when I save the pennies and get the bits I'll be in touch, I know it's not right but I'm really looking forward to using the magifoam and lance as well as the very cherry non acidic cleaner on the wheels !!
                  sigpic

Comment

Car looks great Clive!
                    - DS3 DSport Plus - THP 155 - Belle-ile Blue with Perla Nera Black Roof -
                    - DS3Club Discord -

Comment

Looked at the pics on my phone Clive, your car looks super shiny !!
                      sigpic

Comment

Doesn't Clive's car always look super shiny? !!
                        Shark grey / white Vti 120 DStyle ordered 2 March 2013, built 23 March 2013, collected 20 April 2013

Comment

Nice 1 Clive :cool:

Comment

Hi Clive

Jaffa is my next purchase from Mark. In terms of application, is it a wipe on/wipe off scenario in the engine bay? Still well in to this world Clive, my interest is showing no signs of waning

Comment

Thanks All for your comments on just a couple of pics!

Hi Gary,

Yes - TIP (see your Back tro Basics course is being extended!) - do the underside of the bonnet first, as this will then drip on the engine, so get the underside of the bonnet sorted first (did you expect less OCD from me?, you can't miss the underside of the bonnet! lol) then onto the engine bay area.
                              Approach - spray, use a brush to agitate, (on engine, a long handled one if you want to get into the lower areas). Best to start with the runners on the edges of the engine (i.e. the 'strut' area), then around the engine. Cover the fuse box.
                              Then rinse, pat dry with an old cloth (not one that will ever go on paintwork again), start the engine up promptly (to assist the drying and drive out all moisture), exercise lots of caution if still drying with the engine running.
                              When dry dress all plastics, engine protectant is a simple spray and walk away........

Hope that helps....

Regards,
                              Clive.
                              Last edited by CliveP; 12-06-2013, 20:58.

Comment

Working...
                              X