X1 Extreme Super Shine and Seal review on DS3 roof

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• X1 Extreme Super Shine and Seal review on DS3 roof

I won this gratefully received little prize a couple of weeks back from Elaine at X1 Extreme and promised a review so here goes:

Car was in for a main dealer service this morning and as I was booking it in, instructed them under no circumstances was it to be washed.

Picked it up and thankfully it hadn't been washed but had all kinds of dead midges and flies stuck to the roof?????

Got it home and picked up the X1 Extremes Waterless Wash Premium Polish Guard.

First impressions were not impressive; took considerable effort to shift dead flies. Probably wrong product to use and is only properly effective used on already prepped Super Shine and Seal surfaces. Got there in the end.

Quick rub down with Eraser then onto applying the STEP 1 of the procedure:

The Cleaning Compound and Keying Agent applied by machine using a Megs MF pad. PAd ended up pretty filthy so guessing the pre-cleaner did its job very well. Buffed with mf cloth.

Onto STEP 2:

The Advanced Paint Protection System applied again by machine using a DODO fin black finishing pad. Buffed with mf cloth.

Impressed with shine, gave a little spray with water to test beading, again impressed. Will see if I get 12 months protection out of it.

The waterless wash Premium Polish Guard however did a great job on my manky rims.

Before:

After:

Happy it was a freebie, will try the waterless wash Premium Polish Guard on the roof now its properly prepped when the time comes for a clean.

Very impressed with the reflections:

Thanks again X1 Extreme

Andy
    Andy DS3 Club's Resident OCD Detailer!
    Take a pride in your ride
    @cleanyourride_uk

Wow! Looks really good!
    My DS3R3... nearly....
    New? Click HERE for some useful threads.

Comment

Andy,

Did you put any lights on it to see if it had inflicted swirls? I've always been very cautious with waterless washes, I only use ONR when the car is 90% plus clean - that said I have seen ONR demonstrated on a very dirty car successfully but the pro in question had to rinse the wash media every two or three inches and it took ages! Like I say I'm happy with them if used on a pretty clean car (I use it mainly when doing a detail over two days, so the car has not been driven but will have picked up dust overnight).

Looks good result though
      Regards,
      Clive.
      CL11 VEP 2011 Former DSport Plus 150THP Sport Red, now something else.......
      DS3 Club's Former Resident OCD Detailer!

Comment

So would this go on top of the X1 Extreme Sealant or underneath?
        Daron Brewood

DS3 Sport Plus - 'Yellow Hawk'
        CEO smartphonegurus.com
        Phone: HTC One, Nokia Lumia 920 / 925
        Cars:
        Mark II Cortina > Hillman Avenger > Datsun 120Y > Morris Ital > BL Maestro > Hyundai coupé > Rover 25 > MG ZR > Peugeot 307CC > 207 > 207CC > Citroen DS3 Sport+

Comment

Yeah that does look good Andy - Honestly there is soooo much cleaning stuff out there and I need it ALL !!!!
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by lfcrule1972 View Post
            Yeah that does look good Andy - Honestly there is soooo much cleaning stuff out there and I need it ALL !!!!
            You'll need a triple garage for it all then, then plus some! I have one side for car stuff, and the other side for koi stuff, generally, although my car stuff dedicated washing machine lives on the 'koi' side of the garage, lol...

Regards,
            Clive.
            CL11 VEP 2011 Former DSport Plus 150THP Sport Red, now something else.......
            DS3 Club's Former Resident OCD Detailer!

Comment

I need to buy the house first Clive
              sigpic

Comment

Working...
              X