Demon Machine Rapid Dirt Shifter """"£3.00""""

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Demon Machine Rapid Dirt Shifter """"£3.00""""

I love this product especially at £3.00 per 500ml bottle from Morrisons.

Decantering into a garden pressure sprayer makes the application very economical indeed.

Quick spray onto dry bodywork, left to dwell for a couple of minutes then pressure rinsed off. Sprayed onto front end bugs needs to be left a touch longer.

Not a lot used at all. Probably used less than 100ml today. Meaning costs are approx. 60 pence per application.

Now rinsing off

I find it is a much cheaper and quicker alternative to snowfoaming.

Rinsed off shows it IS LSP safe with no effects whatsoever on the beading qualities of the LSP.

Of course, other citrus pre-clean products are available:

Auto Finesse Citrus Power £9.95 1L bottle
    ValetPro Citrus Pre-wash £8.95 1L bottle
    Autobrite Citrus Wash £8.00 500ML bottle
    Orchard Autocare Citrus Pre-clean £9.95 1L bottle

I personally rate, after using all of them, Demon as good as, if not better than the more expensive products.

Give it a go, £1.00-2.00 for a garden pressure sprayer + £3.00 for the RDS = cleaner car and an initially safer wash prior to the 2bm.
    Last edited by Clean Your Ride; 04-08-2013, 16:06.
    Andy DS3 Club's Resident OCD Detailer!
    Take a pride in your ride
    @cleanyourride_uk

Nice one Andy
    Theres a Morrisons near me
    ChrisRs Detailing, Bingley, West Yorks
    eMail: chrisrsdetailing@outlook.com

2014 Citroen DS4 DSport 160 Hdi, Whisper Purple

Comment

andy
      used the demon dirt shifter which worked to a degree but im left with these marks which i cant get off

Attached Files

Comment

Soak it longer..If it still wont come off, lightly polish the area and reseal with sealer or wax

Comment

Originally posted by robbo51 View Post
          Soak it longer..If it still wont come off, lightly polish the area and reseal with sealer or wax
          As Chris rightly says soak it longer then I would rub in the RDS onto the mark lightly with your finger. If no joy then use a touch of polish. I would recommend AG SRP or Zaino AIO. Lfcrule1971 can certainly vouch for the effectiveness of the AIO which got rid of an ingrained bird bomb stain with no effort at all.

Hope this helps?
          Last edited by Clean Your Ride; 04-08-2013, 15:23.
          @cleanyourride_uk

Comment

it does thanks although i like Farecla G3 superwax which does a good job and gives me a good shine or victoria concours wax which i also like or would i be better to use one of the above

Comment

The polish gets rid of the mark and a polish ultimately provides the shine to the car. The wax provides no shine but as an LSP is there purely to protect the polish and of course the shine. The waxes you have are great as an LSP but you will need something with a slight "cut" in it to assist the removal of your mark prior to applying your wax.
              @cleanyourride_uk

Comment

Thanks for this Andy - I will definitely give this a go after going to my nearest Morrisons.

Comment

thanks andy going early this week to get something so to make sure i get the best what would you recommend

Comment

Hmm must be something wrong with my pressurised bottles as yesterday I decided to give teh step-sons car a go and ended up using half a bottle of RDS and by the time I'd sprayed the second half of the the car the first side was boen dry. So in one way it looks like I'm using too much but it's drying too quickly.

Obviously doing something wrong but no ideas what.
                    Daron Brewood

DS3 Sport Plus - 'Yellow Hawk'
                    CEO smartphonegurus.com
                    Phone: HTC One, Nokia Lumia 920 / 925
                    Cars:
                    Mark II Cortina > Hillman Avenger > Datsun 120Y > Morris Ital > BL Maestro > Hyundai coupé > Rover 25 > MG ZR > Peugeot 307CC > 207 > 207CC > Citroen DS3 Sport+

Comment

Got around to buying and trying this stuff this week, and pleased with the results.

After my black roof had some bird crap on it and using Auto-glym wipes to get rid of the worst of it I decided to clean the car at the next opportunity.

Sprayed the Rapid Dirt Shifter on and left for 5+ mins and then rinsed it all off. Then did my usual wash (double bucket) / rinse / dry. Then I just needed a small amount of Auto-glym SRP on the roof and it was like new again.

Comment

Good news

Comment

Told you all it was good stuff. Really impressive product
                          @cleanyourride_uk

Comment

Something I'm always stuck on in terms of applications and stages is the pre-wash / prep before the main snowfoam and washing method.

As I said in the other thread I do alot of miles and here in not so sunny South Wales the car gets dirty as I drive it down the road and tar spots on my white paint are a massive problem for me. Bought the AutoSmart Tardis that you detailing guys recommended ( Anyone interested I got it here with a spray which the guys say is a good price - http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Autosmart-...item1e69b0c90f ), where would that and one of these dirt shifter / pre-clean products lie in terms of stages with each other ?

Comment

Pre clean products and application first before touch with a mitt or equivalent. Tar remover after first 2BM.

1- pre clean
                              2- first 2BM
                              3- tar remover and/or fallout remover
                              4- second 2BM
                              @cleanyourride_uk

Comment

Working...
                              X