Those Few Dreaded Words!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Those Few Dreaded Words!!!

Well... picked my car up from the main dealer yesterday after they had it in for service and was told ...

"Your car is ready outside - we've given it a wash and vac" ......NOOOOOOOOOO! :mad:

Last time my car was at this dealer, Stoneacre in Wrexham, I went in and demanded they don't go NEAR my car's paintwork. The guy laughed at me, and said they don't clean customers cars anyway.

So this time I took the car in, I never bothered to inform them, so I guess its partly my own fault.

I haven't yet had a chance to assess any potential damage or swirls, particularly to my brand new shiny Bellone alloys, waiting for a dry evening after work

What makes it worse is that I gave the car a quick detail two days and less than 50 miles before it went in, so it certainly wouldn't have needed one of their so called 'cleans'.

The fact I arrived home to my LED rear lights being delivered sort of cheered me up slightly.. just hope there is no major 'damage' done to my lovely paintwork.

I thought it was going to be 'Engine Management Light'
    My DS3R3... nearly....
    New? Click HERE for some useful threads.

Comment

Don't tempt fate :P

Comment

60k+ miles on my 120 and no dreaded 3 words
        My DS3R3... nearly....
        New? Click HERE for some useful threads.

Comment

This may help next time pal:

http://www.ds3club.co.uk/showthread.php?7015-OCD-or-not

Sent from my Experia Z tablet using Tapatalk
          Andy DS3 Club's Resident OCD Detailer!
          Take a pride in your ride
          @cleanyourride_uk

Comment

I saw that thread a few months back, definitely using something similar next time she visits the dealer.

On another note Andy, the white roof on my DS3 looks a little flat, kind of hard to describe. I've clayed it, polished it numerous times with AG SRP, and waxed regularly with AG HD Wax or similar, but the paint still looks faded.

Any tips?

Thanks.

Comment

With it being white, maybe a good idea to try an iron decontaminate remover such as IronX. Would also recommend getting a machine polish on the roof to give it, what sounds like, a much needed enhancement. Where are you based out of interest, is it Wrexham?

Sent from my Experia Z tablet using Tapatalk
              Andy DS3 Club's Resident OCD Detailer!
              Take a pride in your ride
              @cleanyourride_uk

Comment

Thanks for the tips - unfortunately I do not own a machine polisher nor would I trust myself with one! Yes I am based in Wrexham.

It's strange, I went to see a similarly aged Yellow DS3 with a black roof, and the roof on that was faded/flat too. Poor paint on the roof? Or just reacts poorly to sunlight perhaps?

Comment

Thought the dreaded words were going to be

"I've gone and bought ANOTHER Citroen"

Comment

^ Well that's just rude !! At the moment I'd definitely buy another DS
                    sigpic

Comment

Haha no, I wish I could afford a new Dsport Plus or even DS5!

Comment

WooHoo! Someone else in Wrexham! I must have seen you driving about at some point, spot the odd DS3 every now and then!
                        Stoneacre serviced my car recently and I asked them not to wash it! Got my car back a bit earlier too!
                        '10 DSport in Black/Carmen Red 'Daisy' - Traded back in
                        '61 DSport+ in White/Black 'Poppy'
                        'We do what we must, because we can.'
                        Entropy... It's not what it used to be...

Comment

Parafilm - we are definitely a minority, us Wrexhamers :P where abouts do you live/work locally?

Mines one of two (that I've seen locally) Dstyle's in yellow with white roof and black wheels, my reg is T9 CJO I've probably seen your car at some point too! Love spotting DS3s on the road

Comment

I live in Bradley atm, just moved from Brymbo a few weeks ago, work on the industrial estate! I'll keep a look out for your reg, mine is a white/black DSport+ with club stickers and a silly aerial topper! If I see you I'll give you a wave!
                            I do see a yellow one on roads around the industrial estate/A483, never caught a look at the reg though!
                            '10 DSport in Black/Carmen Red 'Daisy' - Traded back in
                            '61 DSport+ in White/Black 'Poppy'
                            'We do what we must, because we can.'
                            Entropy... It's not what it used to be...

Comment

Originally posted by Parafilm View Post
                              WooHoo! Someone else in Wrexham! I must have seen you driving about at some point, spot the odd DS3 every now and then!
                              Stoneacre serviced my car recently and I asked them not to wash it! Got my car back a bit earlier too!
                              Hi Parafilm, I'm not too far away from you both either Huntington, Chester, seeing a few DS's always heading back into North Wales (St.Asaph) when I am on my way home from their from work.
                              Darren
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X