Spilt tyre sealant on seat!! Help!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spilt tyre sealant on seat!! Help!!!!

Help! I have spilt tyre sealant on my seat and now i cant get rid of the stain! Ive tried a lot of cleaning products but it just doesnt work! The area where it is stained is still soft as normal so thankfully it hasnt gotten hard but the stain is horrible! If anyone has any solutions please let me know, thanks!

Have you tried a steam cleaner first of all?? That is where I would start before the chemical route.

If that fails, I would recommend 10-25% isopropyl alcohol (IPA) in distilled water as a safe cleaning solution. If you find IPA hard to source then try Autosmart Tardis or even nail varnish remover.

If its a latex sealant then these types of stains are very difficult to remove as you are finding out.

Caffélatex Remover is a modern solvent that will soften/dissolve dried-out natural or synthetic latex stains from fabrics and clothes.

On fabrics, a successful application depends on the fabric type and on the fabric ability to absorb/retain the sealant. As Caffélatex Remover formula comes from the dry-clean industry, it’s state-of-the-art in terms of stain removal from fabrics.

Also for application on fabrics, test any product on small hidden areas first.

Sent from my Lumia 925 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Clean Your Ride; 01-01-2014, 13:28.
    Andy DS3 Club's Resident OCD Detailer!
    Take a pride in your ride
    @cleanyourride_uk

Comment

Ouch don't forget to let us know if that worked
      sigpic

Comment

Working...
      X