Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by moranphotography View Post

then used the auto glym squeegee,

Happy with the result and that squeegee really cuts down the dying time, very happy. It's sooooo flexible, even the handle.
    EEEEEEEEKKKK, and I'm not even a detailer,

Get a Wooly Mammoth, It'll impress you !

Comment

Originally posted by RabidRacoon28 View Post
      What tyre shine do you use? Any wheel sealant?

My poorboys sealant is just about finished, and my tyre shine got used up a while ago, needs to do some shopping :cool:

When the weather improves, I can't wait to get out and give her a proper detail.
      BumbleBee OneTwenteeee!

Comment

Originally posted by Sash View Post
        What tyre shine do you use? Any wheel sealant?

My poorboys sealant is just about finished, and my tyre shine got used up a while ago, needs to do some shopping :cool:

When the weather improves, I can't wait to get out and give her a proper detail.
        Megs Endurance (the daddy of the tyre shines) on the tyres and normally the fantastically easy to apply and buff off Planet Polish Wheel Seal and Shine (see this pic)
        But today fancied a change so used FK1000P High Temp wax

I used the Poorboys sealant once and found it a nightmare. Still got an almost full tub of this gathering dust.

Sent from my Experia Z tablet using Tapatalk
        Last edited by Clean Your Ride; 12-01-2014, 21:41.
        Andy DS3 Club's Resident OCD Detailer!
        Take a pride in your ride
        @cleanyourride_uk

Comment

I have megs endurance, smells lush! I find it doesn't last that long though.

Have you used any of the auto finesse waxes? Im tempted with the temptation wax next. But will see!
          BumbleBee OneTwenteeee!

Comment

Originally posted by Sash View Post
            I have megs endurance, smells lush! I find it doesn't last that long though.

Have you used any of the auto finesse waxes? Im tempted with the temptation wax next. But will see!
            It doesn't last especially in this weather. Two coats does help though. Not tried any AF waxes on the bodywork yet. Dodo SNH on top of a glaze was my weapon of choice last summer
            with FK1000P wax on top of SRP this winter.

AF Mint Rims is good and actually smells of mint lol. Also use AF Mercury on exhaust tips.

@cleanyourride_uk

Comment

I have a tub of dodo juice purple haze I could use, especially as it's a dark colour. I'd forgotten all about that! One thing I have noticed is that beading doesn't seem to last all that long on this paint vs my old clios, it's had a dose of hydro2 but 2 washes on the beading had gone :-( the OH's scoob is still beading really well. They were done at the same time. Both washed with a wax safe shampoo either dodo super natural or maxi suds2.
              BumbleBee OneTwenteeee!

Comment

Very nice matey but do agree with Sash, do not USE a squeegee/blade for drying for any reason at all.

You have gone to the effort of the 2BM (good boy) but run the risk of swirlage from the blade.

I second the use of the drying towel; I have orange dodo ones but my favourite is the extremely plush grey Wooly Mammoth. Its like a fish that just drinks the water without needing to be rung out at all. Always use it on the glass first prior to using it on the paintwork. This gets it damp which as we all know, the best things work when moist.

I digress, anyway keep up the good work Padawan and please throw the blade away NOW, do it NOW, I said NOW and purchase a drying towel please. You don't have to spend a fortune like I did with the Mammoth as Asdas do adequate ones for £3.

Mammoth bottom right:

Sent from my Lumia 925 using Tapatalk
                Mate do you have a link for the mammoth ? I have a microfiber drying towel just now but the one in the photo looks the pups nuts

Mark

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=ma...DNCw7AbRooGIDQ

Here you go - they're about £18ish but worth the pennies, I bought one at one of the car shows the club went to last year
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by lfcrule1972 View Post
                    https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=ma...DNCw7AbRooGIDQ

Here you go - they're about £18ish but worth the pennies, I bought one at one of the car shows the club went to last year
                    Thanks for putting that link up. If using Clean Your Car, do enter code S2KUK at the checkout for a 5% discount.

Sent from my Lumia 925 using Tapatalk
                    @cleanyourride_uk

Comment

Nice one guys. Away to order one now

Mark

Comment

Originally posted by Sparky ds3 View Post
                        Nice one guys. Away to order one now

Mark

Good man. Do remember to wash this (as with all micro fibre products) separately with a washing liquid not washing powder (as granules can get trapped in the fibres acting like grit when you dry the car causing damage) and without a fabric conditioner.

@cleanyourride_uk

Comment

Good man. Do remember to wash this (as with all micro fibre products) separately with a washing liquid not washing powder (as granules can get trapped in the fibres acting like grit when you dry the car causing damage) and without a fabric conditioner.

Yea cheers mate i made that mistake of using a washing liquid with added fabric conditioner before and the towel never seemed to soak up the water like it did before. Is this the reason behind it ?

Mark

Comment

Originally posted by Sparky ds3 View Post
                            Yea cheers mate i made that mistake of using a washing liquid with added fabric conditioner before and the towel never seemed to soak up the water like it did before. Is this the reason behind it ?

Mark

It certainly is. Cloths or towels made of microfibre must only be washed in regular washing detergent, not oily, self-softening, soap-based detergents. The oils in the softener and self-softening detergents will clog up the fibres and make them less effective.

@cleanyourride_uk

Comment

Or use a microfiber wash liquid :-)
                              BumbleBee OneTwenteeee!

Comment

Nice one guys what liquid do you guys use ?

Mark

Comment

Working...
                                X