Car back, worse condition than before

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Car back, worse condition than before

As some of you know, car went into a highly respected bodyshop last Thursday to have this flaking paint rectified

Approved garage for all of these manufacturers

Got a call Friday night to say car was ready and could be picked up on Saturday morning.
    Collected it and looked like a good job. Already told them I did not want it washing so decided to give it a gentle hand wash yesterday. Noticed something on the front windscreen and drivers side window which wouldn't wipe off with glass cleaner. Tried Eraser, still nothing. Tried clay and clay turned red. Appears it was overspray of red paint onto the glass. Glass now sorted but in the sunlight today, saw this on the rear quarter

Now I know every square inch of my car and every single mark and this is a new one on me. Looks like even more overspray which will need claying and a machine polish by myself.
    Not going to faff around getting it back in there for them to do again and to get another crappy courtesy car. Oh well, another excuse to getting it in my garage for some TLC.
    Will post some befores and afters once complete.

Sent from my Experia Z tablet using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Clean Your Ride; 04-02-2014, 23:43.
    Andy DS3 Club's Resident OCD Detailer!
    Take a pride in your ride
    @cleanyourride_uk

Thats dreadful Andy.. I hope youve told them!!
    Hope it can be fettled easily
    Good luck
    ChrisRs Detailing, Bingley, West Yorks
    eMail: chrisrsdetailing@outlook.com

2014 Citroen DS4 DSport 160 Hdi, Whisper Purple

Comment

Cant be bothered with the hassle Chris. Took some advice and appears its where they have taped the polymask when they painted the car; they have put the car into the booth wet and put the polymask over it. Should be rectified quite easily with a machine compound polish. Here's hoping anyway 😉

Obviously somebody not taking a pride in their work.

Sent from my Lumia 925 using Tapatalk
      Last edited by Clean Your Ride; 05-02-2014, 08:00.
      @cleanyourride_uk

Comment

Thats shocking work for a paint shop mate. For the average jo blog the work would be fine but like you i also know ever square inch of my car and would be pissed at this as you know in ever job you do its all about the prep and that has clearly been missed here

Mark

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Having learnt from this Andy- i will take a photo of the area thats to be repaired before it goes in, if i get the same issue
          Good of you to share it, a little more care from them would have been good

Wasnt your paint chips covered by the warranty/ paint guarantee, or did i miss something? Or assume you didnt pay
          sigpic
          Jog on Noddy

Comment

Name and shame?
            cyclone> Fish is the man

Comment

personally i wouldn let them get away with it. at least raise the issue with CUK and inform them the dealership is not pulling its weight.
              Simon

Peugeot 208 GTi Prestige - Orange Power

Comment

Originally posted by Dangerousfish View Post
                Name and shame?

Name and address at foot of second picture mate so already named and shamed.

@cleanyourride_uk

Comment

Originally posted by Toxic View Post
                  personally i wouldn let them get away with it. at least raise the issue with CUK and inform them the dealership is not pulling its weight.

Why do I need to raise anything with Citroën? Its nothing to do with them. The garage is an independent bodyshop appointed by my fleet management company to carry out the repair. Citroen aren't even a manufacturer that approves the bodyshop. Now I know why. Do Citroën know something that Mercedes, Renault, Nissan, Abarth and the VAG don't know?

Last edited by Clean Your Ride; 05-02-2014, 13:12.
                  @cleanyourride_uk

Comment

Well thought would try and fix their mistake this afternoon.

Taped up

Equipment used

Halfway through, looking better already

Nice reflection of Lord Vader

End result, very happy now

@cleanyourride_uk

Comment

Why. Because it damages CUK's reputation full stop. It is in their best interest that dealerships use better bodyshops or bodyshops that have good reputations. Simple really.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk
                      Simon

Peugeot 208 GTi Prestige - Orange Power

Comment

Originally posted by Toxic View Post
                        Why. Because it damages CUK's reputation full stop. It is in their best interest that dealerships use better bodyshops or bodyshops that have good reputations. Simple really.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk
                        Not simple really as apart from it being a Citroën with dodgy paint near the mirror there is no mention of Citroën being involved in this process whatsoever. Who said anything about a dealership? Who said anything about a dealership using a bodyshop? CUK are not and have not been involved in this paintwork repair at all and neither has any dealership. Simple really.

If you read here http://www.ds3club.co.uk/showthread.php?t=9195 and post 9 of this thread it might make things a little clearer for you to understand.

Last edited by Clean Your Ride; 05-02-2014, 23:35.
                        @cleanyourride_uk

Comment

Andy I think people were assuming it was a warranty issue that was being handled through a dealer.
                          Originally posted by cyclone
                          It is in the handbook. Satisfied.
                          Originally posted by Broda
                          I would rather teabag a bear trap

Comment

Working...
                          X