Bilt Hamber Surfex- HD v Snow Foam

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bilt Hamber Surfex- HD v Snow Foam

Well having took advice from RabidRacoon an reading his reviews i thought i would give this stuff a go to see how it compares to AB Magifoam (which i always use) The car hasnt been washed for about 2 months and was absolutely filthy (i feel ashamed to say) but the weather hasnt helped with it pishing down every day, diluted as prescribed and began to spray the stuff on with my spray gun which i got from Wilkos (another recommendation from Mr Rabid - £10 = Bargain ) I left it on the car for about 10 minutes and began to jet wash it off - I was a little took back to be honest to see how the dirt and grime was just dropping off the car - The snow foam i use does NOT have this same effect as Surfex HD, to be honest i think my snow foam lance wont be used much anymore, this Bilt Hamber stuff really is bloody good stuff - Thanks Rabid :bow:
    The Truth is Out There !

Nice one thanks for the secondary review, I have 5 litres of this stuff and will be giving it a go soon
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Angel-Eyes View Post
      Well having took advice from RabidRacoon an reading his reviews i thought i would give this stuff a go to see how it compares to AB Magifoam (which i always use) The car hasnt been washed for about 2 months and was absolutely filthy (i feel ashamed to say) but the weather hasnt helped with it pishing down every day, diluted as prescribed and began to spray the stuff on with my spray gun which i got from Wilkos (another recommendation from Mr Rabid - £10 = Bargain ) I left it on the car for about 10 minutes and began to jet wash it off - I was a little took back to be honest to see how the dirt and grime was just dropping off the car - The snow foam i use does NOT have this same effect as Surfex HD, to be honest i think my snow foam lance wont be used much anymore, this Bilt Hamber stuff really is bloody good stuff - Thanks Rabid :bow:
      Another satisfied customer lol. Nice one eyes;-)

Sent from my Experia Z tablet using Tapatalk
      Andy DS3 Club's Resident OCD Detailer!
      Take a pride in your ride
      @cleanyourride_uk

Comment

I've used it and it's great. Recently moved to a flat with no hose connection. So now for the quick weekend wash I take it up the road to Tescos with the jetwash lance. Spray this on about 80 / 20 dilution with a garden sprayer, leave it for 5 minutes and then jet it off. Even works really well with brake dust - which is surprising. Just bought some of the Sonax XBSD spray from CYC ( Yep it's back in stock now ) which is another recommendation by Mr Racoon. Can't wait to try it out !

Comment

Originally posted by ZACK View Post
          I've used it and it's great. Recently moved to a flat with no hose connection. So now for the quick weekend wash I take it up the road to Tescos with the jetwash lance. Spray this on about 80 / 20 dilution with a garden sprayer, leave it for 5 minutes and then jet it off. Even works really well with brake dust - which is surprising. Just bought some of the Sonax XBSD spray from CYC ( Yep it's back in stock now ) which is another recommendation by Mr Racoon. Can't wait to try it out !
          Make sure you apply it Zack via the tip I gave last night in the BSD thread. The beading is something else.

Originally posted by RabidRacoon28 View Post
          Quick tip. Apply to a clean, dry panel. No more than a couple of sprays direct onto the body panel, lightly rubbed in with a pre-BSD sprayed, clean microfibre cloth, leave a minute or so then buff off with a separate, clean, dry microfibre cloth. Voilà, great shine and now excellent beading qualities.
          See beading here:
          https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FoDs...e_gdata_player

Last edited by Clean Your Ride; 11-02-2014, 15:46.
          @cleanyourride_uk

Comment

Thanks for the tip off on the BSD being back in stock, ordered yesterday, so should see it tomorrow.

Comment

Thats pretty sexy beading right there! I'm struggling to get beading to stick around for any length of time on my car. I've given it the once over today with some Dodo Purple Haze but I doubt it'll bead much after a few days Even the screen doesn't take to product! I've rainX'd, GTechniq'd and Hydro2'd it but all of those products work for a couple of days then it's gone
              BumbleBee OneTwenteeee!

Comment

I'd put it down to us living in Monsoon conditions of late Sash

Seriously though, I used RainX for a while but like you it never lasts for more than a few days...
                sigpic

Comment

The OH has used the same products on his Scoob and they've lasted much longer - im talking months of beading and sheeting with the GTechniq! I'm beginning to think Citröen coated it with something just to pee me off!!
                  BumbleBee OneTwenteeee!

Comment

Ha ha maybe, perhaps suggest to the OH that he details your car by way of a 'control' experiment ???
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by lfcrule1972 View Post
                      Ha ha maybe, perhaps suggest to the OH that he details your car by way of a 'control' experiment ???
                      This has been done, serveral times! Still the same outcome :confused:
                      BumbleBee OneTwenteeee!

Comment

Originally posted by Sash View Post
                        Thats pretty sexy beading right there! I'm struggling to get beading to stick around for any length of time on my car. I've given it the once over today with some Dodo Purple Haze but I doubt it'll bead much after a few days Even the screen doesn't take to product! I've rainX'd, GTechniq'd and Hydro2'd it but all of those products work for a couple of days then it's gone
                        Sounds like there is something there that is affecting your chosen LSP. My advice would be to safely wash (mitt not sponge) the car 2BM twice with either Fairy Liquid or Farecla G3 Detox Shampoo, clay the car with a bar or much easier with a clay mitt, wash again with mentioned shampoos then pat dry. Paintwork should then be clear of any waxes/polishes/sealants enabling you to "start again."

Polish, glaze, wax/sealant then detailing spray.
                        Car will now bead like the best of them.

I have heard of beading two months after a SINGLE application of Sonax BSD.

Hope this helps?

Andy

@cleanyourride_uk

Comment

Cheers for the advice Andy, which detailing spray are you recommending at the moment ? I need to get some, previously I bought the Zaino Z6 or might be C6 I think and that was great for the whole summer
                          sigpic

Comment

Hi Chris, yes it was the Z6 and my next recommendation is Sonax Brilliant Shine Detailer. Posted a few thoughts/videos and pictures on here recently. Excellent product.

Sent from my Lumia 925 using Tapatalk
                            @cleanyourride_uk

Comment

Working...
                            X