:bow: I love cleaning my car Andy but I'm no detailer
    Neither am I:-( Just an over enthusiastic car washer lol :-D

Would love to be one though;-)

Sent from my Experia Z tablet using Tapatalk
    Andy DS3 Club's Resident OCD Detailer!
    Take a pride in your ride
    @cleanyourride_uk

Comment

I thought the sun being out was a good excuse to wash mine too. Unfortunately not...

Had just finished spraying the whole car in BH Surfex HD when I had a phone call, thought I'd only be on the phone for 2 - 5 mins so it would give enough time for the Surfex to work. Was actually on the phone for more like 10 mins, and had left the Surfex on the car while the sun was beating down on it in the middle of the day. Result ? It had dried onto the car leaving big long off-white streaks down the bodywork and all over the glass

Even after standard 2BM and jetting it took ages with a drying towel to get it off the bodywork but still unable to get the marks off the glass, any ideas anyone ?

Comment

I am seriously unimpressed with Surfex and going back to my foam lance

JB

Comment

Originally posted by Jimbob View Post
          I am seriously unimpressed with Surfex and going back to my foam lance

JB
          I don't know why you haven't gotten along with SurfexHD JB?

I used it again yesterday on my mums car and the transformation from before it was applied and to it being jetwashed off was unreal. Forgive me but you are using a pressure washer to remove the SurfexHD and the dirt (or not dirt in your case)?

Originally posted by ZACK View Post
          I thought the sun being out was a good excuse to wash mine too. Unfortunately not...

Had just finished spraying the whole car in BH Surfex HD when I had a phone call, thought I'd only be on the phone for 2 - 5 mins so it would give enough time for the Surfex to work. Was actually on the phone for more like 10 mins, and had left the Surfex on the car while the sun was beating down on it in the middle of the day. Result ? It had dried onto the car leaving big long off-white streaks down the bodywork and all over the glass

Even after standard 2BM and jetting it took ages with a drying towel to get it off the bodywork but still unable to get the marks off the glass, any ideas anyone ?
          Zack, I applied it yesterday, cleaned all four wheels then jetwashed off with no problems at all. Leaving it, as with anything on your car including water, for a period of time with the sun beating down on it is always going to leave some form of mark. For the glass, IPA or Eraser are excellent glass cleaners. You could always try a stain removing product on your glass called Barkeepers Friend. Here on Amazon but available in B+Ms, Boyes, Home Bargains (I think)

http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B000TAW5T..._ws_gb?ie=UTF8

Last edited by Clean Your Ride; 17-02-2014, 11:31.
          @cleanyourride_uk

Comment

Ok so I need to ensure the Surfex doesn't dry on ?

What concentration was yours when you applied it Zack ?
            sigpic

Comment

I used a pressure washer before it dried and still got crap results.
              Got this sneaking suspicion it doesn't like black cars! (watch out son!).
              I used a ratio of 1:10 Surfex:Water and a proper sprayer as recommended by Andy (who is invited round to show me how it should work any time and gets free coffee and sandwiches ).

JB

Comment

Yeah I saw your issues before Dad and hence why I haven't used it yet Bit worried about the effect now.... was hoping it would be an easier soak than the snow foam and less messy too
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Jimbob View Post
                  I used a pressure washer before it dried and still got crap results.
                  Got this sneaking suspicion it doesn't like black cars! (watch out son!).
                  I used a ratio of 1:10 Surfex:Water and a proper sprayer as recommended by Andy (who is invited round to show me how it should work any time and gets free coffee and sandwiches ).

JB
                  Tell you what I will do my friend. When my car is next dirty (ie. quite soon) I will post up a video/photos showing everything from start to finish. How much to add, which sprayer, how to apply, length of time to dwell and pressure wash removal.

@cleanyourride_uk

Comment

That'd be great Andy - thanks, your DS3 has a black roof doesn't it ?

Also I bought a Hozelock 1.5 hand held sprayer from Amazon, will that be ok or should I use the foaming head sprayer I bought for the wheel cleaner ? The hozelock does do a mist spray but I doubt it does the foaming spray....
                    sigpic

Comment

Yes mine has a black roof and the Hozelock should be fine. It doesn't have to foam up on the car as long as the solution gets on there and gets to work. The misting will be fine. That's what I used in the past to apply RDS with great effect.

@cleanyourride_uk

Comment

LFC I was using it at 2:10.

I've used it a few times now and it's never happened before - Can only assume it was from the car being so hot and the sun.

Andy I am doing it right in applying to a dirty, dry car yes ? I don't need to give the car a spray down 1st and then apply the Surfex no ?

Comment

Thanks, I might wait for your step by step guide though
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ZACK View Post
                            LFC I was using it at 2:10.

I've used it a few times now and it's never happened before - Can only assume it was from the car being so hot and the sun.

Andy I am doing it right in applying to a dirty, dry car yes ? I don't need to give the car a spray down 1st and then apply the Surfex no ?
                            No onto a dry car is best, gets straight to work on the dirty stuff instead of fighting against the water that would already on there if it was pre-dampened.
                            Normally wet is best but not in this case;-)

@cleanyourride_uk

Comment

Working...
                            X