No announcement yet.

Halfords 3 for 2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The AG HD wax is a great wax Gaz and will last you ages. Had mine over 2 years now and still got about 4/5s left. Good on Bellones after they have been polished

Sent from my Lumia 925 using Tapatalk
    Andy DS3 Club's Resident OCD Detailer!
    Take a pride in your ride
    @cleanyourride_uk

Comment

Originally posted by RabidRacoon28 View Post
      That's what I'm here for lol. Don't rip open the bag/packaging it comes in.

The decontaminate with the mitt is only a bi-annual process. After use, rinse with clean water, allow to dry naturally then when fully dry, put back into the bag it came in to ensure the clay part of mitt does not get dirty whilst being stored until next use.

RabidRacoon, learning a lot of stuff reading on here from people like yourself, do u need anythink to use with this mitt? Read other things on here about claying and they use with lubricants?. And do you notice a real benefit of using something like this clay mitt before using SRP and sealer.
      Thanks for any advice
      Darren
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by darrenshell View Post
        RabidRacoon, learning a lot of stuff reading on here from people like yourself, do u need anythink to use with this mitt? Read other things on here about claying and they use with lubricants?. And do you notice a real benefit of using something like this clay mitt before using SRP and sealer.
        Thanks for any advice
        Darren
        Evening Darren.

Have you read this:

http://www.ds3club.co.uk/showthread.php?t=9252
        New Farecla G3 Body Prep Clay Mitt review

where I used a shampoo as a lube with the mitt. A lot easier imo than a detailing spray.

A big benefit is made by having noticeably cleaner, fresher paintwork to apply the polish and LSP to.

Andy
        @cleanyourride_uk

Comment

Hi Andy, thanks for taking the time to reply. Must have missed that review you did on the mitt, does look good.
          Thanks will go and get one I think.
          Darren
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by darrenshell View Post
            Hi Andy, thanks for taking the time to reply. Must have missed that review you did on the mitt, does look good.
            Thanks will go and get one I think.
            Darren
            No worries pal. Anytime.
            @cleanyourride_uk

Comment

I'm steering well clear

couldn't help myself mate lol passed today and thought am just going to nip in for a look

came out with g3 body prep shampoo. auto glym tar remover and auto glym metal polish

i really must learn self control

mark

Comment

Originally posted by Sparky ds3 View Post
                couldn't help myself mate lol passed today and thought am just going to nip in for a look

came out with g3 body prep shampoo. auto glym tar remover and auto glym metal polish

i really must learn self control

mark
                My self control is going well at the moment. Resisted the urge so far.
                @cleanyourride_uk

Comment

My self control is going well at the moment. Resisted the urge so far.
                  am leaving my wallet at home when i think theres a chance i will be passing a halfords or auto parts store in the future 😄

Comment

Originally posted by Sparky ds3 View Post
                    am leaving my wallet at home when i think theres a chance i will be passing a halfords or auto parts store in the future 😄
                    Very good idea. I have started leaving my Costco card at home now for the same reason.
                    @cleanyourride_uk

Comment

Cleaned my car yesterday . Rinse porsche protect and care shampoo, rinse , g3 claybar mitt with g3turbo detailer then used turtle wax ice liquid wax Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1394232479153.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	95.3 KB
ID:	356452 Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1394232535041.jpg
Size:	93.3 KB
ID:	356453Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1394232555105.jpg
Size:	95.4 KB
ID:	356454Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1394232572449.jpg
Size:	93.0 KB
ID:	356455Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1394232609041.jpg
Size:	97.1 KB
ID:	356456

Sent from my SM-C101 using Tapatalk

Comment

Nice shine. How did you find the clay mitt?
                        @cleanyourride_uk

Comment

I went out an bought a clay bar mitt (recommendations of Rabid) - washed our car the other day and used it for the first time - well impressed with it, its pulled every little bit of contamination off the lower body of the car an t looks as good now as it did when we first collected her - another fine purchase and another great recommendation - would i recommend these clay bar mitts = without a shadow of a doubt !
                          The Truth is Out There !

Comment

Originally posted by Angel-Eyes View Post
                            I went out an bought a clay bar mitt (recommendations of Rabid) - washed our car the other day and used it for the first time - well impressed with it, its pulled every little bit of contamination off the lower body of the car an t looks as good now as it did when we first collected her - another fine purchase and another great recommendation - would i recommend these clay bar mitts = without a shadow of a doubt !
                            Thanks for that Angel-Eyes. I use and test a lot of different products, some expensive, some very cheap. I will only recommend something dependent on if it works easily and efficiently. If that product costs a pound then it costs a pound. If like the recent Wheel Woolies test and recommend it costs £40 then so be it.
                            I want everyone to look after their expensive cars and if that's by purchasing certain products or using little hints and tips I offer then fantastic. Knowledge is power.
                            No sponges or wash brushes, no chamois or drying blades, no garage service/courtesy wash, two buckets, grit guards etc etc.
                            @cleanyourride_uk

Comment

Nice shine. How did you find the clay mitt?
                              I like it a lot ! Very easy to use and works very well. I done the test you told me to do with the sandwich bag. After the clay mitt it felt like a mirror

Sent from my SM-C101 using Tapatalk

Comment

Glad you and it were able to work well together. Amazing how smooth it feels afterwards 👍

@cleanyourride_uk

Comment

Working...
                                X