Better than Christmas 😃

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Better than Christmas 😃

Well today i received my big box of goodies from cyc and was like a big kid at christmas 😃 still have a couple of things to come but my detailing stuff is coming together now

Nice
    DS3 1.6THP DSport with a few bits added.....nickname BB :bow:
    Performance...Depends on how heavy my right foot is

Comment

Also a big thank you to andy for recommending the perfect starter da polishing combo 😃

Comment

Originally posted by Gazski66 View Post
        Nice
        The bank account wasn't saying that mate lol 😄

Comment

Not surprised lol
          DS3 1.6THP DSport with a few bits added.....nickname BB :bow:
          Performance...Depends on how heavy my right foot is

Comment

Anytime Mark. Lots of nice goodies there that I personally have in my collection.

Just remember nice and slow with the DA. No rush just take your time. Use the blue tape to divide panel into 12" by 12" square to see the progress you make. The MF system is very effective and once you master this and get used to the machine then you can look at hex pads and different compounds. I sometimes use a 3" black finishing pad to apply wax such as the FK1000p I spied in your picture.

Remember the Bilberry can be diluted to last much longer and if that is the Sonax NPT you have then the supplied yellow foam applicator with the aerosol is excellent. One quick aerosol spray on the applicator will cover either a wing, half a door, half of the roof etc. A little does go a long way. Only a couple of minutes needed to haze then buff off. BSD can then be applied on top of this in the normal manner.

Sent from my Lumia 925 using Tapatalk
            Last edited by Clean Your Ride; 04-03-2014, 23:40.
            Andy DS3 Club's Resident OCD Detailer!
            Take a pride in your ride
            @cleanyourride_uk

Comment

Originally posted by RabidRacoon28 View Post
              Anytime Mark. Lots of nice goodies there that I personally have in my collection.
              Just remember nice and slow with the DA. No rush just take your time. Use the blue tape to divide panel into 12" by 12" square to see the progress you make. The MF system is very effective and once you master this and get used to the machine then you can look at hex pads and different compounds. I sometimes use a 3" black finishing pad to apply wax such as the FK1000p I spied in your picture.

Cheers mate ive got a wing and a door off one of my past cars so am going to practice on them first before i even go near the car. Ive also ordered a cheap paint thickness gauge off ebay so will be checking the ds for thin parts of paint before i go to work on it

Mark

Comment

Originally posted by Sparky ds3 View Post
                Cheers mate ive got a wing and a door off one of my past cars so am going to practice on them first before i even go near the car. Ive also ordered a cheap paint thickness gauge off ebay so will be checking the ds for thin parts of paint before i go to work on it

Mark
                Very wise move Mark

Andy DS3 Club's Resident OCD Detailer!
                Take a pride in your ride
                @cleanyourride_uk

Comment

Working...
                X