Clear All

• Tomorrow is the day

So tomorrow i will be giving the ds a full detail. The order will be

Car sprayed with iron x then rinsed

Washed with g3 body prep shampoo then rinsed

Clay bared using bh auto clay then rinsed

Dried using wooly mammoth

Then all taped using blue 3m tape

Machine polished using the das6 pro and megs mf correction compound and cutting pad.

Am going to be using sonax npt as a sealant then topped off with sonax bsd

And of course all the little thing like trim gel etc.

Missing anything ?

Got the camera all charged up so be prepared for lots of photos 😃

Mark

Sounds a good routine to me young Sir - I know I don't sign in here so much nowadays and young Andy looks after all your detailing advice but it's nice to see such keeness is alive and kicking here (hard to find such enthusiasm with the Merc lads, that said I get loads of people asking me for details, I turn the vast majority away, do lots of training, it's not supposed to be a business for me, I have a 'real' day job!)...

Your routine is essentially fine - I personally would iron x after a wash then re-rinse but this is down to personal choice (I want the de-ironiser to be working on iron/similar contaminants, not on 'dirt', thus the wash first). I'd pre-srpay with an APC first (ok I'm going to say AB Citrus Wash, but I'll keep off brands here).

I assume your choice of compound and pad is based on level of swirls, but again I'll keep off brands here....

Take some depth readings if you can and take your time with the DA - no rush here, one pass will take me 5 hours plus on a DS3...

Most of all - enjoy!

Looking forward to seeing some pics

Regards,
    Clive.
    CL11 VEP 2011 Former DSport Plus 150THP Sport Red, now something else.......
    DS3 Club's Former Resident OCD Detailer!

Comment

I concur with the great Mr P.

A pre-rinse/snowfoam first then the fallout removal process. You want it to be working on just the iron contaminants and not the dirt as well. If no pre-rinse/snowfoam then a 2bm with the G3 should be on the cards. Don't forget you can IronX the alloys too!!

Wash, rinse, IronX, rinse, clay (doesn’t need to be dry at this stage as the BH clay uses water as a lube), wash, rinse then pat dry is the order I would go for.

Do you have a need for a tar removal?

If you have no IPA or Eraser to use after the machine polish then I would wash (yet again) and pat dry before the NPT. That needs to go on as clean a surface as possible for the best possible results. Then of course the fabulously easy BSD.

Good luck and get some Radox bought in readiness for a long bath at the end of it all. You will thank me for that.

Looking forward to hearing about your day Mark

Andy
      Andy DS3 Club's Resident OCD Detailer!
      Take a pride in your ride
      @cleanyourride_uk

Comment

Originally posted by CliveP View Post
        Sounds a good routine to me young Sir - I know I don't sign in here so much nowadays and young Andy looks after all your detailing advice but it's nice to see such keeness is alive and kicking here (hard to find such enthusiasm with the Merc lads, that said I get loads of people asking me for details, I turn the vast majority away, do lots of training, it's not supposed to be a business for me, I have a 'real' day job!)...

Your routine is essentially fine - I personally would iron x after a wash then re-rinse but this is down to personal choice (I want the de-ironiser to be working on iron/similar contaminants, not on 'dirt', thus the wash first). I'd pre-srpay with an APC first (ok I'm going to say AB Citrus Wash, but I'll keep off brands here).

I assume your choice of compound and pad is based on level of swirls, but again I'll keep off brands here....

Take some depth readings if you can and take your time with the DA - no rush here, one pass will take me 5 hours plus on a DS3...

Most of all - enjoy!

Looking forward to seeing some pics

Regards,
        Clive.
        Cheers mate how you liking the new car anyways ?

I was in to minds to pre wash before the iron x but it makes sense now what you said.

The combo am using is the megs mf cutting pad as recommended by andy as this will be the first go on a car and not scrap panels and it seems to be a good all rounder for a novice like myself 😃

Mark

Comment

Originally posted by RabidRacoon28 View Post
          I concur with the great Mr P.

A pre-rinse/snowfoam first then the fallout removal process. You want it to be working on just the iron contaminants and not the dirt as well. If no pre-rinse/snowfoam then a 2bm with the G3 should be on the cards. Don't forget you can IronX the alloys too!!

Wash, rinse, IronX, rinse, clay (doesn’t need to be dry at this stage as the BH clay uses water as a lube), wash, rinse then pat dry is the order I would go for.

Do you have a need for a tar removal?

If you have no IPA or Eraser to use after the machine polish then I would wash (yet again) and pat dry before the NPT. That needs to go on as clean a surface as possible for the best possible results. Then of course the fabulously easy BSD.

Good luck and get some Radox bought in readiness for a long bath at the end of it all. You will thank me for that.

Looking forward to hearing about your day Mark

Andy
          Cheers mate yes i sure a long soak in the bath will be needed 😃

Yes mate ive got ag tar remover so will be tackling any spots

Andy you will have to give me some info on what ipa is or eraser is because i haven't got a clue what they are 😞

Mark

Comment

Originally posted by Sparky ds3 View Post
            Cheers mate yes i sure a long soak in the bath will be needed 😃

Yes mate ive got ag tar remover so will be tackling any spots

Andy you will have to give me some info on what ipa is or eraser is because i haven't got a clue what they are 😞

Mark
            Sorry Mark

CarPro Eraser Intense Oil & Polisher Cleanser is a unique formula designed to totally strip paint of oil and polish residues leaving a squeaky clean surface so sealants and waxes get a better bond to the paint after polishing.

Eraser is truly a better solution to clean paint. Traditionally IPA, or ispropyl alcohol and water mixture has been used to strip paint, but IPA can actually redeposit oils and residues. Eraser dissolves these products completely and erases them from your paint's finish.

Use CarPro Eraser Intense Oil & Polish Cleanser after compounding or polishing to inspect your work, or before applying any product that needs a perfectly clean finish to bond to.

Hope this helps pal? You will soon pick up all the jargon hahaha ;-)
            @cleanyourride_uk

Comment

Originally posted by RabidRacoon28 View Post
              Sorry Mark

CarPro Eraser Intense Oil & Polisher Cleanser is a unique formula designed to totally strip paint of oil and polish residues leaving a squeaky clean surface so sealants and waxes get a better bond to the paint after polishing.

Eraser is truly a better solution to clean paint. Traditionally IPA, or ispropyl alcohol and water mixture has been used to strip paint, but IPA can actually redeposit oils and residues. Eraser dissolves these products completely and erases them from your paint's finish.

Use CarPro Eraser Intense Oil & Polish Cleanser after compounding or polishing to inspect your work, or before applying any product that needs a perfectly clean finish to bond to.

Hope this helps pal? You will soon pick up all the jargon hahaha ;-)
              Cheers once again mate 😃

Yes am slowly picking up some of the detailing jargon lol its like learning all over again. Another rinse it is then until i order some

Mark

Comment

Originally posted by Sparky ds3 View Post
                Cheers once again mate 😃

Yes am slowly picking up some of the detailing jargon lol its like learning all over again. Another rinse it is then until i order some

Mark
                A final wash with the detox shampoo should suffice pal
                @cleanyourride_uk

Comment

Tomorrow is the day

Well 10 hours later and its done and i feel like i could curl up into a ball and die lol. All swirls are gone and is looking 100 times better 😃 there is however some scratches that remain on the boot lid and the roof. There just in the clear coat and not through to the colour but the mf system just cant shift them. Am thinking the next step will be a foam pad and a different cutting compound. Photos will follow tomorrow as am done in.

You were right andy a bath is much needed. I hope i don't fall asleep in there and drown myself lol

I have to say it really was a joy to do

Mark

Comment

Enjoy the bath after a long day Mark
                    @cleanyourride_uk

Comment

as promised

i thought i would fill some big stone chips while i was at it

http://s603.photobucket.com/user/spa...?sort=3&page=1

Comment

Working...
                      X