Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• interior polish for doors and black plastic

hi all,
    i have tried different polishes and creams etc to clean interior plastic doors, i have noticed marks/ smears on these after polishing. what is best polish to use ? as you know the interior doors look like they are made from a cheap black plastic and they are not easy to give a good shiny finish to .

any advice please.

ps. for the rest of interior i use the wipes from £1 shop, they do the job nicely.

I never wanted mine too shiny (do you mean like the old silicone sprays in the 80's ??)

I use this as it's always easy to get hold of, returns the trim to a clean and dark look without being shiny

http://www.halfords.com/webapp/wcs/s...egoryId_165651
    sigpic

Comment

My favorite has always been Vinyl Rubber Care from Autoglym.

I prefer a matte finish myself as in my mind having shiny door cards make them look cheap.
      ...I should never have doubted the Lord of Bacon!!
      Bigfeet's File Repository
      The DS3Club Bacon Appreciation Society

Comment

^ This
        sigpic

Comment

Something that I find works great is Meguiars Gold Class Endurance Tyre Gel - strange one I know but it works !

Comment

I've tried many products for this as it's been a pain to keep black plastics looking new, especially when the missus puts make up marks on it (tried back to black, tyre polishes etc) and I've come to the conclusion that the Autoglym bumper and trim gel works wonders. It cleans it (free from polish marks) as well as coats it in a kind of wax to protect it.
            Last edited by Aidan@Partsworld-uk.com; 31-03-2014, 20:54.
            :ds3:The Parts Advisor:ds3:
            Partsworld-UK.com
            Email
            Call: 01246 268896
            We're also dealers for Alfa, Fiat, Abarth, Hyundai, Seat, Suzuki and Volvo
            *Please take a minute to write a quick review under your items on Partsworld-UK.com and also on Facebook*

Comment

Autosmart Highstyle for me. A fantastically versatile product for interior, tyres and outside black plastic trim.

Sent from my Lumia 925 using Tapatalk
              Andy DS3 Club's Resident OCD Detailer!
              Take a pride in your ride
              @cleanyourride_uk

Comment

Working...
              X