Detailed the missus' car

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Detailed the missus' car

Keep meaning to post about this. Doing it on the iPad, sorry if it doesn't work properly.

So the other week I bought some products from work and from Halfords on the 3 for 2 offer (as well as some lying around in the garage) and thought I'd try them out on the other half's car that never gets washed in months. I haven't got pics of it before as I had to keep dodging the rainy spells but you can just see how grey and dirty it is from one of the wheel pics on the bumper.
    So I rinsed the wheel and applied the Autoglym wheel cleaner, let it do it's work for a few mins and then went to hesitate it with a brush.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	97.3 KB
ID:	366082
    That was just before the brush straight from apply it but you can see the brake dust and grime slithering off easily.
    I then gave it a rinse (with the whole of the car) to leave this vv. However it didn't totally remove all the brake dust but did a good job in removing the thickest off.

Size:	98.0 KB
ID:	366084
    Using the AUTO FINESSE IRON OUT I applied this to each alloy.

Size:	95.1 KB
ID:	366083
    While that was doing its magic I used Meg's gold class, 2BM with grit guards and a sponge (forgot to bring the mitt with me).

Size:	96.1 KB
ID:	366085Click image for larger version

Size:	95.7 KB
ID:	366086
    Mmmm Nice and foamy love how the gold class conditions the paintwork.

can only upload 5 pics per post so it will be continued below ......
    :ds3:The Parts Advisor:ds3:
    Partsworld-UK.com
    Email
    Call: 01246 268896
    We're also dealers for Alfa, Fiat, Abarth, Hyundai, Seat, Suzuki and Volvo
    *Please take a minute to write a quick review under your items on Partsworld-UK.com and also on Facebook*

Once it had been washed I then rinsed it off along with the alloys. You can just see how good the iron out had vanished the brake dust.

Size:	93.8 KB
ID:	356526Click image for larger version

Size:	94.5 KB
ID:	356527
    I then used the G3 clay mitt to go around the car to loosen any contaminants from the paint work. Rinsed again then dried it off with a large kent microfibre towel... This one was a cheapie from amazon.

Size:	95.3 KB
ID:	356517

After it was fully dried I went onto applying the Autoglym SRP and allowed to dry to a haze.

Size:	92.3 KB
ID:	356518Click image for larger version

Size:	94.1 KB
ID:	356519
    Last edited by Aidan@Partsworld-uk.com; 31-03-2014, 22:27.
    Partsworld-UK.com
    Email
    *Please take a minute to write a quick review under your items on Partsworld-UK.com and also on Facebook*

Comment

Size:	98.9 KB
ID:	356520
      Once buffed with a microfibre (de-tagged) cloth, the excitement then began :redface:

Size:	95.6 KB
ID:	356521
      I've used the Autoglym HD Wax before and think it brilliant. However after seeing this and purchasing it at around £2 I had to try it. It's the Autoglym extra gloss protection and it works as a wax. It's so easy to apply and buff off, I know sometimes the HD wax when left on can be in need of some elbow grease to buff it off. But this stuff simply wipes on the whole of the car, leave it to dry to a haze for 30-50 mins and buff it off leaving a deep gloss finish.

Size:	93.7 KB
ID:	356522
      As you can see the Matt chrome pillars were a bit blotchy and a pain to rub up, but I applied the extra gloss protection and they looked way better.

Size:	90.1 KB
ID:	356523before

Size:	88.6 KB
ID:	356524after

The end result is near.......
      Last edited by Aidan@Partsworld-uk.com; 31-03-2014, 22:46.
      Partsworld-UK.com
      Email

Comment

Nice one Aidan. Any Iron remover is great as a wheel cleaner but be very careful with that brush I saw on your first picture next to the AG Wheel Cleaner. I have one of these and severely scratched the alloys on a previously owned car on its first use. Now it is used purely for scrubbing the tyres with an APC.

I also cant believe I saw a sponge. That picture should have been "X" rated.

How did you find the clay mitt out of interest?

The EGP is a very good product and it compliments the SRP extremely well. Not as durable or as long lasting as the HD wax but as you discovered, very easy to apply.

👍👍👍

Sent from my Lumia 925 using Tapatalk
        Last edited by Clean Your Ride; 31-03-2014, 22:19.
        Andy DS3 Club's Resident OCD Detailer!
        Take a pride in your ride
        @cleanyourride_uk

Comment

Ta-Dah!! :bow:

Size:	98.1 KB
ID:	356525

For a quick wax with a glossy look I would recommend the extra gloss protection. It's so easy to do without the hassle of applying it and the effort of buffing it. It brought the headlamps up brilliant!
          Last edited by Aidan@Partsworld-uk.com; 31-03-2014, 22:34.
          Partsworld-UK.com
          Email

Comment

Sorry Andy :bow: It was at the missus' house so could only use what I had with me. I saw your post on the brush and we aren't really fussed about our alloys as they are damaged anyways (and mine need scrapping) so took the opportunity to use her car a dummy test
            Partsworld-UK.com
            Email

Comment

Last picture looks great pal.

Sent from my Lumia 925 using Tapatalk
              Andy DS3 Club's Resident OCD Detailer!
              Take a pride in your ride
              @cleanyourride_uk

Comment

I found the clay mitt very good, you could hear and feel the roughness of the stuck on contaminants until they are removed. I'd recommend it to use as a quick 'top up' from bodywork that's already been clayed properly as you do have to put a bit of effort in in removing those rough spots compared to the clay bar.
                Last edited by Aidan@Partsworld-uk.com; 31-03-2014, 22:38.
                Partsworld-UK.com
                Email

Comment

I used the clay mitt for the first time on the weekend. Such an easy tool to use.
                  Worth the £12
                  94JDA

Comment

Working...
                  X