How often do you clean?!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How often do you clean?!

So come on guys, how often are you out on the front cleaning your pride and joy and what do you do?

Im a fair weather cleaner myself, in the winter i do it around once a month, but in Spring/Summer/Autumn I'm out there every other week.

I wax about once a month and give it a quick wash and polish in between.

I've had my car two and a half months, and she's been cleaned three times, which is more than I cleaned my last car in the two and a half *years* I had it! (Sorry Andy!)

I like my DS3 a million times more than I liked my 207 though, so I'm sure I'll be out there cleaning her all the time in the summer!
    Current: DS 3 Performance, Perla Nera Black with Sparkly Purple roof
    Previous: DS3 DStyle 120 VTi, Perla Nera Black with Fuchsia roof

Comment

Everyday for me if time allows. Keeping on top of it means a QD is normally all that's needed to remove light dust and that days contaminants.

If it's particularly grubby in the Autumn/Winter months then a wash with ONR using a grout sponge suffices.

Just recently had built and kitted out a garage for the very reason to do my car (and others) during the colder days. Also helps to have a shade to apply polish and LSP in if and when it may be sunny.

I will only allow the car to get really grubby when a new product needs testing or reviewing.

I think I will definitely be the exception in this thread.
      Last edited by Clean Your Ride; 15-04-2014, 06:55.
      Andy DS3 Club's Resident OCD Detailer!
      Take a pride in your ride
      @cleanyourride_uk

Comment

Before I moved house I would do it every 2 weeks or the day before a big meet. Since I've moved it's been difficult to get the hose to the car so it's only been done twice in the last 4 months (one of those was Clive though). I've recently cleared some space round the back and now I can easily get the car cleaned so will be back to every 1-2 weeks.

Should be doing it tonight to be ready for 4 Points, with a top up clean when I get to Wes' on Thursday (before the newspaper photo shoot).
        - DS3 DSport Plus - THP 155 - Belle-ile Blue with Perla Nera Black Roof -
        - DS3Club Discord -

Comment

I probably average six times a year! My car is kept in a garage - out of sight, out of mind!

Right now it's could do with a clean, but at the weekend I'll be at Oulton Park, which means I'll be driving on dusty access roads, so if I clean it it will be as bad again by by Monday evening.

I just clean the windscreen every week or so - if you're not looking through two clean arcs on an otherwise dirty screen it gives the illusion that you're driving a clean car!

Comment

Twice a week normally. sometimes 3 dependent on how dirty it gets 😃

Mark

Comment

3/4hours every week unless it rains on saturday xD

Then maybe a QD if it's a sunny week midway.
              sigpic.

| DStyle Nav 1.2 PureTech 110 |
              Third time around.
              Work in Progress

Comment

Midweek quick wash and dry then at the weekend a wash and polish then wax once a month or so. I find myself cleaning the wheels after every time I drive the car though :S They are building where my mum lives so every time I go see her the car ends up disgusting with muck and dust, so it really does need its cleans.

Comment

Cleaned mine every week for the past 5 weeks ....promised myself I wont do it over the Easter break (We shall see) I am a every 2 week usually with a full detox, polish, wax at least once a month.

I don't think I have ever seen my car dirty !!! :STrooper:
                  ***** Clio 182 182BHP - SOLD *****
                  ***** DS3 DSport Plus 155THP - SOLD *****
                  ***** Audi S3 300BHP - KEEPING *****
                  ***** DS3 Performance Black 210THP - CANCELLED ORDER *****

sigpic

Comment

Once a week so far!

Comment

Used to be once a week, now slipped to about once a month
                      Obvs more in show season:cool:

Usually give the wheels a spray and bucket of water in between- they get dirtiest
                      Funny how a clean set of wheels, on normal level clean motor, makes it look cleaner (If you get me drift LOL)
                      sigpic
                      Jog on Noddy

Comment

At least once a week, wash and wax but in dry weather my quick detailer is a godsend as I can get round the car in about 15 mins every couple of days without washing. I would do it even more often if it wasn't for feeling paranoid that the neighbours think I've got OCD or something.

Comment

Which QD do you use Webbz?
                          I am awaiting one from G3 to turn up that they are sending for me to review for them. I guarantee the G3 one wont come anywhere near my favourite, BSD.
                          Andy DS3 Club's Resident OCD Detailer!
                          Take a pride in your ride
                          @cleanyourride_uk

Comment

Maybe once a week when im home and once a week is a washdown and jetspray. Probably use polish every 10 weeks. When im away its in the very nice handwash most weekends.

Comment

Originally posted by RabidRacoon28 View Post
                              Which QD do you use Webbz?
                              I am awaiting one from G3 to turn up that they are sending for me to review for them. I guarantee the G3 one wont come anywhere near my favourite, BSD.
                              Same as all my other cleaning products mate, Meguiars. I've used them for years. Just a good balance of price, availability and results.

Comment

Working...
                              X