RabidRacoon28 Farecla G3 Professional Bodyshop Detailer spray review

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RabidRacoon28 Farecla G3 Professional Bodyshop Detailer spray review

Firstly thank you again to G3 for allowing me to review their Farecla G3 Professional Bodyshop Detailer spray.

Arrived today and was pleasantly surprised to see a microfibre cloth also enclosed. Wasn't soft or fluffy but more of that later:

My car rarely has a chance to get "dirty" and in this recent nice weather is (was) quite dusty.

Front n/s wing before:

One light pull of the trigger produced a nice wide mist (can't say spray) which was perfectly adequate for one panel:

Applied with the now folded and lightly moistened microfibre cloth was extremely easy to do. Cloth seemed quite waffle like which I haven't used for application before. No smearing whatsoever on the panel and the separate buffing cloth really had no work to do:

Dusty roof now, before:

After:

Chrome baguettes on the side of the car now, before:

After:

The boot for a vertical panel gets very dusty, before:

After:

It doesn't say it can be used on the glass so thought would give it a try; rear window before:

After:

Rest of the car was then completed extremely quickly:

Think I'm going to have to wait ages to see what happens when it rains due to this recent nice weather so got out the firehose to see the beading:
    https://youtu.be/7sgvK0StunQ

I am always sceptical with new quick detailers and approach with caution. Was very happy in the past with Zaino Z6, Auto Finesse Finale and more recently Sonax Brilliant Shine Detailer. This product from G3 has a lot to do to at least match these competitors. And it does hold its own very, very comfortably. A free bottle does not guarantee a good review; a good product does that and like the Detox Mitt I recently reviewed here: http://www.detailingworld.co.uk/foru...d.php?t=330602 the spray is brilliant. It is not grabby like the BSD, does not smear, equally good on glass, trim and chrome, has a good ergonomically shaped bottle, an excellent spray head and looks like it will last a long time as I used hardly any today.

Price wise, I have just looked at Halfords and was surprised to see it at just £8.99 per bottle. I wanted to use it before I knew the price and would very happily have paid 50% more than their RRP.
    http://www.halfords.com/webapp/wcs/s...5233&langId=-1
    Last edited by Clean Your Ride; 16-04-2014, 22:09.
    Andy DS3 Club's Resident OCD Detailer!
    Take a pride in your ride
    @cleanyourride_uk

Thanks Andy, easy to pick up from Halfords unlike the Zaino Z6
    sigpic

Comment

Much easier Chris and even better on 3 for 2
      @cleanyourride_uk

Comment

I would have thought that was a bit too much dust to wipe off.
        If the master done it, it must have been alright

Thanks for another good write up Andy! More stuff to buy.
        94JDA

Comment

Originally posted by Joeauger View Post
          I would have thought that was a bit too much dust to wipe off.
          If the master done it, it must have been alright

Thanks for another good write up Andy! More stuff to buy.
          The bottle actually states it is an everyday, mild cleanser and wax which removes light dirt, dust and fingermarks on all exterior surfaces. Leaves a just waxed high gloss finish in between washes and also works as a lubricant for use with the entire G3 range. Achieves a gloss finish quickly and easily and can be ued as a lubricant with the G3 Body Prep Clay Mitt.

No evidence of any marking especially when using a pre-moistened folded mf cloth pal.
          @cleanyourride_uk

Comment

It looks not bad mate but i do wonder if the resent applied bsd has anything to do with the beading or if its just as good ?

Mark

Comment

Used this before and believe the Sonax BSD beats it hands down.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparky ds3 View Post
                It looks not bad mate but i do wonder if the resent applied bsd has anything to do with the beading or if its just as good ?

Mark
                A tip I learnt from a guy at Chemical Guys is the last thing you put on is the last thing that reacts to water and the sun. For example, think of the layers of polish/wax/qd's as layers of different coloured paint. The last layer is the colour of the paint you end up with.

It doesn't matter if there are 20 different types of product on the paintwork, the last one applied is that one that protects, beads and sheets water.
                @cleanyourride_uk

Comment

Originally posted by ZACK View Post
                  Used this before and believe the Sonax BSD beats it hands down.
                  I think I have to agree with you Zack but not hands down. The BSD is a product that I think will be very hard to beat. It really is like magic in a bottle.

The G3 detailer spray however is a better and easier product to apply; maybe doesn't give the immediate glossy shine that BSD does but for a more mainstream, easier to purchase product then G3 certainly shouldn't be sniffed at. To be mentioned in the same breath as BSD is a great achievement in itself.
                  @cleanyourride_uk

Comment

Originally posted by RabidRacoon28 View Post
                    A tip I learnt from a guy at Chemical Guys is the last thing you put on is the last thing that reacts to water and the sun. For example, think of the layers of polish/wax/qd's as layers of different coloured paint. The last layer is the colour of the paint you end up with.

It doesn't matter if there are 20 different types of product on the paintwork, the last one applied is that one that protects, beads and sheets water.
                    Never though of it like that mate. If it holds up like the bsd then we are on to a winner. I treated my stepfathers peugeot 406 to bsd about 7 weeks ago and the beading is still the same as if i had just applied it

Mark

Comment

Originally posted by Sparky ds3 View Post
                      Never though of it like that mate. If it holds up like the bsd then we are on to a winner. I treated my stepfathers peugeot 406 to bsd about 7 weeks ago and the beading is still the same as if i had just applied it

Mark
                      BSD is a true game changing product imo Mark. Absolutely fantastic and I urge everyone to give it a try with the nicer weather around the corner (fingers crossed). A product that can be applied in less than 10 minutes to give that "just waxed" look.
                      @cleanyourride_uk

Comment

Just used this to give my car a quick going over as it's not been cleaned in almost 2 weeks.

It had only done about 250 miles so was more dusty than dirty, but this bought it up a treat.

Will give it a proper going over on Sunday when I'm back from the NEC.

Comment

It's really impressive stuff made even better by being a doddle to apply

@cleanyourride28
                          @cleanyourride_uk

Comment

Working...
                          X