I'm scared of damaging the wheels & tyres

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm scared of damaging the wheels & tyres

Hi, I'm new here and I'm contemplating buying a two year old ds3 with bellone black wheels, but I've never had alloys before or low profile tyres and I'm very wary of causing damage to them.

I live in Lancashire and the roads are full of pot holes I'm not a speed merchant and quite careful, but keep reading about the vulnerability of the wheels over steel ones.

Anybody think the alloys will be ok, or is it inevitable they'll get damaged.

Two options I guess, buy some steelies and just put the alloys on for shows or special occasions or whatever. The other option of course is just use them, and deal with any problems as or if they come up.

Comment

http://www.alloygator.co.uk/ ad a set of these then worry no more lol
      e-hdi 90 dsytle all white with ashera's and lonely citroen graphic's and club decals sigpic NCC-1701-C THE ENTERPRISE being rehomed
      Soon to have a Prestige 130 SS in arctic steel metallic with emerald mettalic roof and grey aphrodite wheels

Comment

Originally posted by billy smith View Post
        http://www.alloygator.co.uk/ ad a set of these then worry no more lol
        Also recommend a set of these, You'll be fine

Comment

Thanks for the replies, I'm scared of cracking the wheel in the pothole more than kerbing it. Is it very rare to damage the wheel like that?

Btw I do like those alloy gators great idea!

Comment

Originally posted by Mercenary View Post
            Thanks for the replies, I'm scared of cracking the wheel in the pothole more than kerbing it. Is it very rare to damage the wheel like that?

Btw I do like those alloy gators great idea!
            Yeah cracking the alloy is pretty rare to be fair, especially on OEM wheels. I drive hard and have had a variety of wheels over the years and it's never happened to me.

Comment

I'm in Lancashire , and agreed the roads are bad ass , I've managed though!!

Just do what I do drive around like your pissed swerving and dodging them holes

As for parking use your noggin and use your mirrors

Comment

If you have driven a car for a few years then think how far you have driven 'without' damaging any of your wheels or tyres, so why wouldn't that continue!

If you are careful then there is no need to worry, but obviously things can happen which is usually down to bad luck or lack of concentration.

Comment

Alloygators are a great way to tie in a theme colour Also very discreet in black.

I've driven some atrocious roads and never had any damage, and if you are worried, you'll be even more aware and cautious
                  My DS3R3... nearly....
                  New? Click HERE for some useful threads.

Comment

Alloygators

Just picked up new DS3 which will be used as a driving school car. Thinking about fitting alloygators asap. On previous DS3 I spent some 8 hours getting the alloys back up to standard.
                    So my question is when I come to change tyres will the alloygators be damaged during the tyre removal therefore needing new alloygators or can they be reused ?.

Comment

From what i remember of Alloygators, you have to hammer them in when the tyre is deflated
                      Would probably be difficult, but cant see why you couldnt talk to the tyre fitter and say take it easy, when removing a bare tyre - then put them back on yourself

Mind you, after 25,000 miles or so, they would be well scuffed and damaged- maybe a new set required anyways
                      sigpic
                      Jog on Noddy

Comment

Working...
                      X