Worn carpet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Worn carpet

Hi has anyone suffered worn carpet just the left of the clutch pedal by the rest plate ? Mine is 1 year old and has a hole 2" . A lot of my colleagues ( I'm a driving instructor) have similar issues. Apparently Citroen deny it's a design fault !!!

Floor mats maybe?
    sigpic

Comment

Mines the same, just over a year old, (also driving instructor) bits of carpet and white sponge padding falling out of the hole.

Comment

Bunch of people have this hole. Look at bottom of this page at the similar threads box.
        Originally posted by cyclone
        It is in the handbook. Satisfied.
        Originally posted by Broda
        I would rather teabag a bear trap

Comment

The only way the hole can appear is if something is rubbing against it...

I have size twelve feet and never suffered with any rubbing on the carpet, I suggest what is going on is people putting their foot between the clutch rest and the peddle rather then using the rest itself. In that respect it is not a design fault rather a people fault.

Granted the carpet is a very thin lighten material to help with weight saving but before complaining to Citroen check to see what your feet are doing first.
          ...I should never have doubted the Lord of Bacon!!
          Bigfeet's File Repository
          The DS3Club Bacon Appreciation Society

Comment

I think you may need to amputate your left foot, clutch control is for losers.

Comment

Dear Biggie, i wasn't thinking of "complaining to Citroen" as many different people have driven my car, probably over a 100 (mainly learners), so i don't think it's a design fault, just inexperience.

Comment

Maybe adding a piece of 'strengthening' carpet like an elbow patch might help then?

At least that way it would take that takes the rubbing rather then the main carpet itself.
                ...I should never have doubted the Lord of Bacon!!
                Bigfeet's File Repository
                The DS3Club Bacon Appreciation Society

Comment

I sense a business opportunity for Arfur 'Bigfeet' Daley !
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Bigfeet View Post
                    Maybe adding a piece of 'strengthening' carpet like an elbow patch might help then?

At least that way it would take that takes the rubbing rather then the main carpet itself.
                    That's actually a good idea, i think i might try and velcro somethig on in that area. Too late for my current car, but getting new one 1st Sept.

Comment

Looks like this is affecting a lot of people, as there is a Facebook Group set up for this very issue.
                      https://www.facebook.com/groups/1422...ref=ts&fref=ts
                      sigpic

Current: DS3 Performance Black Edition
                      Previous: DS3 110Hdi Dsport Plus

Comment

Same here just returned one to leasing company with hole in same place and again I’m a driving instructor, bought a metal foot rest plate for new car and placed some heavy duty plastic under it and then down under carpet to take the rubbing, hope it works on this one.
                        Last edited by Andy ADI; 13-06-2014, 19:32.

Comment

Had a look at mine last night mines starting to go in hole too
                          http://i971.photobucket.com/albums/a...ps710a29cb.jpg
                          2011 car 2014 LOOKS ;; RETRO FITTED XENON FULL LED SIGNATURE AND DIM LIT DRL'S AT NIGHT OEM +. instagram #Markaucott

build thread My Transformer edition!
                          DS3 transformer edition taking on its most radical transformation into a BMW 320 i

Comment

Doubt its a design fault as I have aftermarket mats in mine and mine has done this.
                            2011 61 Plate, All Black DSport 150 THP, MyWay City Signature (SOLD)

2014 All Black DS5 DSport 200 THP

Comment

Worn carpet

90% of other manufactures when they put foot rests in cover them in a plastic trim . went to dealers yestetday the service manager even said it's due to poor quality carpet and they had all ready replaced 3 others . Today had phone call saying citroen uk had refused to replace under warranty . I phoned citroen uk and quoted I will seek leagal advise has its not fit for purpose and if it was like this after 21000 miles / 3 years it would only get worse . next thing the man said is ok has a good will jester I will get it replaced for you and you should hear from us in next 7 days when it will be replaced 😆
                              Last edited by MARK.A; 19-06-2014, 17:56.
                              http://i971.photobucket.com/albums/a...ps710a29cb.jpg
                              2011 car 2014 LOOKS ;; RETRO FITTED XENON FULL LED SIGNATURE AND DIM LIT DRL'S AT NIGHT OEM +. instagram #Markaucott

build thread My Transformer edition!
                              DS3 transformer edition taking on its most radical transformation into a BMW 320 i

Comment

Working...
                              X