No announcement yet.

Worn carpet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mine is the same, I will probably look to fabricate some thin aluminium to cover and protect it.

Comment

Worn carpet

Even though citroen are replacing my carpet I'm already in process of modifying a plastic foot rest cover /panel from a mk 4golf that I had lying around to cover carpet I will then buy the Citroën aluminium foot rest to cover the plastic to finish it off
      Last edited by MARK.A; 21-06-2014, 07:13.
      http://i971.photobucket.com/albums/a...ps710a29cb.jpg
      2011 car 2014 LOOKS ;; RETRO FITTED XENON FULL LED SIGNATURE AND DIM LIT DRL'S AT NIGHT OEM +. instagram #Markaucott

build thread My Transformer edition!
      DS3 transformer edition taking on its most radical transformation into a BMW 320 i

Comment

I use http://www.ambassadorcarmats.co.uk for my mats, you can customise them and add a metal heel plate.
        2011 61 Plate, All Black DSport 150 THP, MyWay City Signature (SOLD)

2014 All Black DS5 DSport 200 THP

Comment

I disagree that it's a "people fault" - I fully think it's a design fault. It's not the only car I've seen this in, either. Happens on our Octavia. Doesn't happen in our 500, though. All three cars have a foot rest which gets used properly.

Comment

Its definitely a design issue, obviously it was overlooked when the design was tested.

Comment

So what is the design fault then?
              ...I should never have doubted the Lord of Bacon!!
              Bigfeet's File Repository
              The DS3Club Bacon Appreciation Society

Comment

Originally posted by Bigfeet View Post
                Carpet not fit for purpose.

Comment

the carpet ware is on side of foot rest caused by your foot pressing down on clutch pedal most other manufacturers foot rest are plastic rather than carpet so don't ware
                  2011 car 2014 LOOKS ;; RETRO FITTED XENON FULL LED SIGNATURE AND DIM LIT DRL'S AT NIGHT OEM +. instagram #Markaucott

DS3 transformer edition taking on its most radical transformation into a BMW 320 i

Comment

After reading this thread I am thinking of a bit of the clear plastic carpet protector/runner and fixing that in to prevent the carpet getting worn. In the meantime I am consciously making sure the left side of my shoe is clear of the carpet when using the clutch.

Comment

So its not under the front mat where your left heel rests?
                      There are only three kinds of people in this world... Those who can count, and those who can't...

Comment

No on the side of the foot rest next to the clutch pedal

Comment

Originally posted by mark.a-ds3 View Post
                          the carpet ware is on side of foot rest caused by your foot pressing down on clutch pedal most other manufacturers foot rest are plastic rather than carpet so don't ware
                          Interesting comment. You are right some manufactures do put plastic foot rests rather then carpet but not all of them though.

Do you think it more of the case the gap is too tight?
                          ...I should never have doubted the Lord of Bacon!!
                          Bigfeet's File Repository
                          The DS3Club Bacon Appreciation Society

Comment

Originally posted by HailVectron View Post
                            So its not under the front mat where your left heel rests?
                            No, its on the raised footrest where the left foot would rest when not on he clutch. The right side of the footrest where it drops down to meet the floor carpet gets worn. I don't have big feet and im pretty confidant my foot sits squarely on he clutch pedal when its depressed or raised. If can only be the left side of my foot rubbing on the carpet.

Comment

Interesting comment. You are right some manufactures do put plastic foot rests rather then carpet but not all of them though.

Do you think it more of the case the gap is too tight?
                              Yeah its another instance of a after thought when cars are originally manufactured for left hand drive then converted to right hand drive . has uk spec glove box /fuse box compared to full size glove box on left hand drive ds3's
                              Last edited by MARK.A; 23-06-2014, 08:57.

Comment

Originally posted by mark.a-ds3 View Post
                                90% of other manufactures when they put foot rests in cover them in a plastic trim . went to dealers yestetday the service manager even said it's due to poor quality carpet and they had all ready replaced 3 others . Today had phone call saying citroen uk had refused to replace under warranty . I phoned citroen uk and quoted I will seek leagal advise has its not fit for purpose and if it was like this after 21000 miles / 3 years it would only get worse . next thing the man said is ok has a good will jester I will get it replaced for you and you should hear from us in next 7 days when it will be replaced 😆
                                Just had a phone call from citroen they are again now refusing to replace carpet or even offer a contribution towards its replacement even though they said they would last week has I'm the second owner of the car and it was not brought from a citroen dealer

Comment

Working...
                                X