Glove box rattle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Glove box rattle

Hi all picked the car up yesterday and I love it to bits. But the glove box rattles and it's driving me nuts anyone know a fix.

Very common issue, I have tried rubber pads in various places but in the end settled on folded micro fibre cloth inside the flap to the left of the box so that it presses against the fusebox cover....
    sigpic

Comment

I had the same issue with mine, I just shoved some old bits of cardboard in which helped
      DS3 Evo Edition
      Sport Red
      E8 DRY

Checkout my Build Thread: http://www.ds3club.co.uk/showthread....s-Build-Thread
      Scottish Meet Part 2: http://www.ds3club.co.uk/showthread....sh-Meet-Part-2

Comment

Check the lid to see if the two little rubber bungs have come out.
        ...I should never have doubted the Lord of Bacon!!
        Bigfeet's File Repository
        The DS3Club Bacon Appreciation Society

Comment

Mine did that initially, was better for a while once I retrieved the bung from the bottom of the glove box but then the fuse box cover started rattling
          sigpic

Comment

sticky back foam pads bought from the pound shop they do them in black or brown , I stuck one in either corner of the glove box door ,, job done no more annoying RATTLE RATTLE
            If in Doubt FLAT OUT!!!!!!!!

Comment

I have this problem too. I've also got another on the top of the dash just above the vents. If I press down hard on the top of the dash, it stops.
              That's my only real gripe about the car - quite a few rattles, squeaks and creaks. A lot of the noise comes from the hard piano black plastic expanding and contracting.

Comment

^ Pop into your dealer as there was a fix for that.
                ...I should never have doubted the Lord of Bacon!!
                Bigfeet's File Repository
                The DS3Club Bacon Appreciation Society

Comment

Hi Bigfeet,

Is it the glovebox rattle there's a fix for? Or maybe the fix is a ds4 :-P

Comment

No it's the dashboard/centre speaker rattle that they apply foam to
                    sigpic

Comment

Thanks for the heads up. I'll head down to my local dealership and hope they are aware of the fix.

Comment

Working...
                      X