Servicing on lease agreement

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Servicing on lease agreement

I got my DS3 on a lease agreement via lingscars.

I've just had an email from lingscars saying I need to check my contract as to when my car needs a service, but i cant find reference to it.

Does anyone have any idea how often the car needs servicing on a lease agreement?

As far as I'm aware it's the same as the normal service intervals as given in the book.

Comment

Found my service book. Says every year or 20,000 miles. Shame really as I've only done about 3,500!

I assume its better to take it to a Citreon Dealer? What sort of price am I looking at? Should I get a courtesy car whilst they've got it?

Comment

Did you not get 3 years free servicing as part of the deal? That's what I have got with mine. In order to keep the warranty valid you'll need to have it serviced using citroen parts so depends what garages you have around you. Dealers will have courtesy cars for you, smaller ones probably won't.

Comment

Looked at my contract & I don't think servicing is included, i get my tax paid for though

Comment

On lease (really called contract hire) the service is only included if you pay for it.

Come across Lingcars before an they are happy to take your money and dump you with everything....

First thing first, when was your car registered?
            ...I should never have doubted the Lord of Bacon!!
            Bigfeet's File Repository
            The DS3Club Bacon Appreciation Society

Comment

I can't fault lingscars to be fair, best service I've ever had. I get my tax paid for & Citroen Assist but I don't know whether that was a Citroen offer.

The car was registered on 14th August 2013.

Comment

Lol it all part of Citroen Contract Hire, as a broker they take a slice off the top, to be honest with you most dealers will beat lingcars without breaking sweat.

Anyway moving on!

The service interval on your car will be 20,000 miles or 1 year if it is petrol or 12,500 miles or 1 year if it is a diesel.

Comment

Originally posted by Bigfeet View Post
                  Lol it all part of Citroen Contract Hire, as a broker they take a slice off the top, to be honest with you most dealers will beat lingcars without breaking sweat.

Anyway moving on!

The service interval on your car will be 20,000 miles or 1 year if it is petrol or 12,500 miles or 1 year if it is a diesel.
                  Bigfeet, when I got my 14 plate diesel weekend before last, I was told the service intervals for a diesel have now changed to 16,000 miles or a year?

Comment

That's right Girlypink, all DS3 diesels registered after 1st January 2014 now follow the 16,000 mile service interval.

Comment

Thanks for the confirmation bigfeet, I wasn't sure I'd heard or been told wrong as the book still says 12,500. I take it it's still that or a year, whichever comes first?

Comment

Originally posted by Girlypink View Post
                        Thanks for the confirmation bigfeet, I wasn't sure I'd heard or been told wrong as the book still says 12,500. I take it it's still that or a year, whichever comes first?
                        If you like PM me your VIN and email and I will forward onto you a Personal Service Schedule sheet for your DS3

Comment

To be honest the dealer couldn't come close to what Lingscars found me. £250 pcm for a DSport with leather pack, £750 deposit, 8,000 annual mileage.

What sort of price am I looking at for a service with Citroen (Leicester)? Will i get a courtesy car as standard?

Comment

Lol well your dealer didn't try very hard then!

Anyway!

First service cost will vary from dealer to dealer due to labour rate, as for the courtesy car that again will depend on the dealer, some may provide one FOC where others will charge a rental cost to cover insurance. Check with them first and book it ahead rather then turning up assuming there will be one to go!

Comment

Sorry to resurrect such an old thread, but my car is coming up for it's next service and Citroen want a whopping £350!!

My lease agreement says I need to use an 'Authorised' Citroen garage, but how to I know what's authorised? I found the following website that says they use 'genuine parts which are of “Original Equipment” (OE) quality standard.' - is that classed as authorised? They're £150 cheaper than going to the dealer!

http://www.servicingstop.co.uk/citroen_service.html

Comment

Working...
                              X