No announcement yet.

Footwell lights

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mine do get hot but not super hot. They should be fine.

Comment

Ok cool need to re-attach mine, the adhesive on the strips is pretty crap!
      Instagram - danlock92

Citroen C2 1.4 HDi
      Citroen DS3 1.6 HDi Black Edition
      Citroen DS3 1.6 e-HDi Dstyle Red
      Citroen DS3 1.6 e-HDi Dsport Red
      Citroen DS 4 2.0 BlueHDi Dsport
      DS 3 1.2 Puretech EAT6 Dark Light

Comment

I'd love a how too guide want to fit Orange ones in foot wells and under stereo

Comment

Originally posted by Ds3norwich View Post
          I'd love a how too guide want to fit Orange ones in foot wells and under stereo
          No prob mate.. Under the foot wells there are two trim panels(1 in each well). Remove the three holding clips on each well and drop the trim panel complete with mood light holder..
          Connect the red wire to the purple side..and the red and black to other..you can do this different ways..ie cut in to wire or undo plug and push wire in.. I connected mine to the metal bulb conecter strip inside the bulb holder..refit trim and peel off adhesive back of led lights and stick to under side of footwell trim.. The adhesive isn't the best so I used a little super glue for more permanent fix..hope this helps.. If I can help anymore give me a shout..should only take about 10 mins..I didn't do under stereo..
          http://i1270.photobucket.com/albums/...psed17aa4f.jpg

Comment

Thanks a lot

Comment

Anytime
              http://i1270.photobucket.com/albums/...psed17aa4f.jpg

Comment

I just pulled down the trim panel on mine and it doesn't look like I have the wiring loom at all, unless I'm not seeing it?

Comment

Originally posted by RichardL View Post
                  I just pulled down the trim panel on mine and it doesn't look like I have the wiring loom at all, unless I'm not seeing it?
                  Your panel should have a light attached to it. The two wires from this are what you can use for power.
                  cyclone> Fish is the man

Comment

Mood lighting wasn't included in the spec of my car so I was hoping that I'd pull down the trim and find the wiring loom behind it so that it can be added easily but I guess not. There's a slot cut into the trim for the light but nothing behind it for a mood light

Comment

Originally posted by RichardL View Post
                      Mood lighting wasn't included in the spec of my car so I was hoping that I'd pull down the trim and find the wiring loom behind it so that it can be added easily but I guess not. There's a slot cut into the trim for the light but nothing behind it for a mood light
                      Late to the party.

If needed, you could always splice the wires from under the handbrake cover and wire it around the carpet and central trim.

Fetch them with you at the next meet I see you and we'll see what we can do
                      cyclone> Fish is the man

Comment

I've got a wirefree gas soldering iron if needed, we could take bookings Liam ?
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by lfcrule1972 View Post
                          I've got a wirefree gas soldering iron if needed, we could take bookings Liam ?
                          Easy enough to do with some electrical tape. If you guys want to step up the game and let me play with a soldering iron in your car I'm in ^_^.

Typically only takes around 5mins per side to complete.

The offers open to any members, happy to help any of you with this mod at the cost of a brew
                          cyclone> Fish is the man

Comment

Oh yeah I'd trust you with a soldering iron in my car Liam, what could possibly go wrong ?
                            sigpic

Comment

Probably accidentally drop it into fuel tank haha boom

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	WP_20141216_17_34_11_Pro.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	96.7 KB
ID:	359168

I embraced the orange everyone seems to dislike... I personally love it!!

Comment

Working...
                                X