Bought 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bought 1

Well after spending the past couple of weeks trying to find a mint Abarth 500 (had 1 a year ago - great cars) i gave up and started looking for alternatives - ibiza FR, Cupra, etc and at the weekend i saw a couple of DS3s online.
    Never really paid much attention to them in the past but looking at the photos i thought they looked quite smart inside so set about trying to find a cheap low mileage 1 in white with the black roof. It seems i see several each day now in this colour combo mainly driving school cars? - hmm
    I found 1 in the spec i wanted at the weekend online 11 plate with 17k, benetones, 1 owner, etc so set about trying to do a deal with the dealers - a deal was made eventually but not set in stone (p/x price) but they wouldn't let me leave a deposit to hold it until this weekend when it's the only chance of calling over - not good well this was yesterday and last night i found another, 61 plate with 9k for £500 more than the other but after haggling i got offered more for my p/x so it's really costing just £200 more - newer car with less miles so well worth it
    A deposit has been paid and it should be collected at the weekend - just hope it drives as well as it looks......................................

The dealer said it was last serviced at 8500 miles - how many services should it have had by now? is it ever 1 or 2 years unless you're doing higher mileages?

Good shout Which engine is it?
    May 2011 - October 2015: White body/black roof/white Bellone THP150
    October 2015 - Present: Black body/emerald green roof/black Aphrodite THP165
    Instagram @adamds3

Comment

Originally posted by THP View Post
      Good shout Which engine is it?
      ah yes - 1.6 petrol DStyle Plus, description says it has the city signature pack - what's that?

Comment

Welcome to the club

Post some pics when you've collected it.
        - DS3 DSport Plus - THP 155 - Belle-ile Blue with Perla Nera Black Roof -
        - DS3Club Discord -

Comment

Welcome Robby, nice to see another new member. Where are you based pal?
          Andy DS3 Club's Resident OCD Detailer!
          Take a pride in your ride
          @cleanyourride_uk

Comment

will do

Comment

Originally posted by robby71 View Post
              ah yes - 1.6 petrol DStyle Plus, description says it has the city signature pack - what's that?
              Same as mine. Rear parking sensors, auto lights and wipers, front armrest, electric folding wing mirrors and electrochrome interior mirror.
              @cleanyourride_uk

Comment

Originally posted by RabidRacoon28 View Post
                Welcome Robby, nice to see another new member. Where are you based pal?
                Huddersfield - just up the road from you

This is my er - 69th car :eek: i get bored quickly and change between 1 and 3 months, just hope this keeps me more interested than the Corsa 1.4SRi i'm changing after 3 weeks?
                Had Imprezas, Golf GTis, Focus ST, Corsa VXR, Astra VXR, etc, etc but decided i'd had enough of 23mpg cars which is why i'm going for smaller engines ones - not as much fun (apart from Abarth 500 with TMC tuning box) but cheaper to run(getting old)

Comment

Same as mine. Rear parking sensors, auto lights and wipers, front armrest, electric folding wing mirrors and electrochrome interior mirror.
                  hmm - doesn't look to have rear parking sensors looking at the photos? does have armrest - dealer has probably just copied spec from the web?

Comment

Huddersfield - just up the road from you

This is my er - 69th car :eek: i get bored quickly and change between 1 and 3 months, just hope this keeps me more interested than the Corsa 1.4SRi i'm changing after 3 weeks?
                    Had Imprezas, Golf GTis, Focus ST, Corsa VXR, Astra VXR, etc, etc but decided i'd had enough of 23mpg cars which is why i'm going for smaller engines ones - not as much fun (apart from Abarth 500 with TMC tuning box) but cheaper to run(getting old)
                    Well it's certainly slower than what you are used to but more economical. Anytime you need it "properly" cleaning then a quick pop down the '62 is all you need to visit the Racoon Cave.
                    @cleanyourride_uk

Comment

Well it's certainly slower than what you are used to but more economical. Anytime you need it "properly" cleaning then a quick pop down the '62 is all you need to visit the Racoon Cave.
                      Cheers Andy - i usually detail my cars within the first 1-2 weeks of getting them, i use a DAS-6 which has now done at least 15 of my cars and bikes still learning which pads to use but usually do well on most cars with the orange ones -which do you recommend on the Citroens?

Comment

Cheers Andy - i usually detail my cars within the first 1-2 weeks of getting them, i use a DAS-6 which has now done at least 15 of my cars and bikes still learning which pads to use but usually do well on most cars with the orange ones -which do you recommend on the Citroens?
                        Well with it being soft paint, I, when correcting members cars start with a black finishing pad with Megs UC for example. If that doesn't cut it (excuse the pun) then move up to the orange with the UC, and if no joy then orange with Megs 105 usually gets the job done. Very rarely have I used a green pad on a DS3, a BMW and an Audi yes, but not a Citroën.

Megs 205 with a black pad prior to a waxing creates an ideal gloss. You can also add a glaze (after polish but before wax) to create an even shinier finish.
                        @cleanyourride_uk

Comment

Better than an Abarth any day. My mate has one, and a 115airdream, and he prefers the Airdream all the time.
                          sigpic
                          Jog on Noddy

Comment

Welcome If you get bored you can always get a THP or Racing next
                            sigpic

Current: DS3 Performance Black Edition
                            Previous: DS3 110Hdi Dsport Plus

Comment

i was looking at the thp models but after hearing the horror stories about engines i decided not to - same as the Mini problems?

Comment

Working...
                              X