Bought 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by robby71 View Post
    i was looking at the thp models but after hearing the horror stories about engines i decided not to - same as the Mini problems?
    Early ones had a few problems- not seen any, or very few, THP 155s with carbonisation / detonation problems on here, i dont think (After Feb 2012 reg)
    sigpic
    Jog on Noddy

Comment

You won't be disappointed!
      Instagram - danlock92

Citroen C2 1.4 HDi
      Citroen DS3 1.6 HDi Black Edition
      Citroen DS3 1.6 e-HDi Dstyle Red
      Citroen DS3 1.6 e-HDi Dsport Red
      Citroen DS 4 2.0 BlueHDi Dsport
      DS 3 1.2 Puretech EAT6 Dark Light

Comment

Welcome to the club .

Comment

Originally posted by danlock92 View Post
          You won't be disappointed!
          Let's hope you don't have a camshaft sensor problem then you won't be disappointed 😞😞😞
          Andy DS3 Club's Resident OCD Detailer!
          Take a pride in your ride
          @cleanyourride_uk

Comment

Originally posted by RabidRacoon28 View Post
            Let's hope you don't have a camshaft sensor problem then you won't be disappointed ������
            :confused: is this a common problem? only read about the exhaust brackets and wheel corrosion which i read are both covered under the 3 year warranty

Comment

Never heard of it LOL
              sigpic
              Jog on Noddy

Comment

:confused: is this a common problem? only read about the exhaust brackets and wheel corrosion which i read are both covered under the 3 year warranty
                Didn't seem to be too common as the useless guy on the reception, who promised to ring me today and alas didn't, had never heard of it before
                @cleanyourride_uk

Comment

I had this on a BMW 120I which put the car into limp mode - what are the symptoms on the DS3? limp mode/ EML?

Comment

I had this on a BMW 120I which put the car into limp mode - what are the symptoms on the DS3? limp mode/ EML?
                    Sluggish in 2nd gear and in 5th gear on the M62 at 69mph it took forever and a day to get to 70mph. (No speeding for me 👮Den).

Pugly today felt as slow as my car in limp mode. Mines back tomorrow thank God.
                    @cleanyourride_uk

Comment

You r DS3 would have had only one service as the intervals are 20,000 miles or every 2 years which ever is first.

For details about the Plus packs check out my file repository for the brochure.
                      ...I should never have doubted the Lord of Bacon!!
                      Bigfeet's File Repository
                      The DS3Club Bacon Appreciation Society

Comment

Originally posted by Bigfeet View Post
                        You r DS3 would have had only one service as the intervals are 20,000 miles or every 2 years which ever is first.

For details about the Plus packs check out my file repository for the brochure.
                        2 years? well Citroen must have improved to have so much confidence these days - not like the last Citroen i bought (brand new) Saxo VTR back in 1998 - 11 times it went back to dealers in 3 months

Comment

This is my er - 69th car :eek: i get bored quickly and change between 1 and 3 months
                          Wow, and I thought my OH got bored very quickly with 8 cars in 3 years!

Welcome to the club btw

Comment

Originally posted by TezDS3 View Post
                            Wow, and I thought my OH got bored very quickly with 8 cars in 3 years!

Welcome to the club btw
                            lol - this will be my 5th this year (so far) as well as my 2nd bike this year (GSr750 to replace Triumph Street Triple R) - the joys of being single

Comment

well picked it up this morning - 100 mile drive home up M1 (lots of 50mph av speed cameras) averaging 49-51mpg which was impressive smooth drive, very quiet, comfy - yep enjoyed the drive and it does have the signature pack (rear sensors/ folding mirrors, etc
                              Couple of niggles i found -
                              1. seat base could be longer as my legs (back of knees) weren't on the base so not that comfy
                              2. couldn't see the cruise and stereo stalks behind the s/wheel - didn't know they were there until i got home
                              3. stereo too low down to operate whilst on the move
                              4. n/s door mirror seems small

Got the car home and as it was sunny i thought i'd tackle the dirty job first - removed all wheels to clean and seal them (couple have the white worm starting - anyone recommended in west yorkshire to take them to for warranty claim?), painted calipers and disc centres in silver smoothrite to tidy them up, copperslipped the hub faces, fixed the rear mudflaps properly (1 screw missing on each?), cleaned underbonnet properly and also tailpipe trim, gave car a quick wash and dust clean inside.

questions
                              1. what does the silver button on the lhs of the dash do? - manual says something about it being an air freshener or something?
                              2. should the footwell lights come on when the doors opened/ interior light comes on?
                              3. a warning light shows on the dash for a minute or so when started up/ driving - looks like a 2nd airbag or childseat airbag? should this go out within seconds?

Comment

Originally posted by RabidRacoon28 View Post
                                Let's hope you don't have a camshaft sensor problem then you won't be disappointed 😞😞😞
                                Looked through the service books today and there's an invoice for a cam sensor which was replaced 100 miles ago under warranty - it says customer complained of shddering from cold and eml light on - at least that's been sorted - also says they heat shrinked wiring and connector

Comment

Working...
                                X