Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Servicing - Authorised Repairer - how do I know?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Servicing - Authorised Repairer - how do I know?

As part of my lease agreement my servicing has to be carried out by a dealer or authorised repairer, but how do i know who is/isnt an authorised repairer? If it says warranty protected, would that be classed as authorised?

http://www.citroen.co.uk/find-a-dealer

There you go - simples!
    ...I should never have doubted the Lord of Bacon!!
    Bigfeet's File Repository
    The DS3Club Bacon Appreciation Society

Comment

Im getting really confused now! So an authorised repairer is a dealer basically? The closest one on that list is the one that's ripping me off for £300, so I have no option but to pay up?

Comment

An Authroised Repairer is just a servicing agent for Citroen, they do not hold a new vehicles contract (i.e they can't sell new Citroens).

If you car is under lease then you will have to take the car into an Authroised Repairer as par your agreement.

Comment

Ok thanks & it has to be one on the link you posted?

What im trying to understand is can I use a website like www.servicingstop.co.uk ? They say "approved Citroen service" on Google and it says "warranty protected" can i not use them?

Comment

Yes you can use them, it looks like a works broker website to me, just as long as the agent servicing the car is on the list from Citroen's website.

Comment

Sorry for the silly questions, but they have to take it to one of the garages in the link you provided above? Their website says they have "1200 approved independent garages", so would imply i cant use them?

Comment

Right I've sat down and had a good look at the T&C's for a PCP agreement (had one handy!) and it does look to me that you can use an independent repairer as long as they follow the schedule and use genuine parts for the car. This would allow you to use that service stop people but make sure the book is stamped to show to service was carried out.

For your reference it is Clause 6.1.

Hope that helps you out.

Comment

Brilliant Biggy, you're an absolute legend!

It does say on their website that they use genuine parts and will stamp the service book so will go with them.

Thank again!!

Comment

Servicing - Authorised Repairer - how do I know?

Me again!! 6.1 of my contract refers to insurance, 5.1.2 and 13.1/13.2 are the parts that mention using an authorised repairer, assume it makes no difference?

Im not sure mine is a PCP contract as I have to give the car back at the end of my contract & its arranged via Citroen Contract Motoring?
                    Last edited by Timberflake; 10-07-2014, 17:57. Reason: change

Comment

I think you'll find the clause that Biggy said about independent repairer and genuine parts is EU Law for all car manufacturers regarding servicing. There maybe a recommended approved list but this is not set in stone. As long as the repairer/service is done as per the manufacturers guidelines it is OK.
                      Simon

Peugeot 208 GTi Prestige - Orange Power

Comment

Yea I'm kinda thinking at this point that I'm on safe ground but I'm a worrier so just look for re-assurance!

Comment

Ok, so I rang Citroen to cancel the service & go elsewhere and they price matched it no questions asked! Just goes to show what you can get if you do your homework!

Thanks for everyones help, much appreciated!

Comment

Nice one. Good for you. Therein lies a lesson for us all ;-)
                            sigpic
                            Jog on Noddy

Comment

Good job *thumbs up*

Comment

Working...
                              X