Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Weird Bluetooth issue

Hi All,

So I was driving down the M40 yesterday and took a phonecall but shortly after my phone lost signal so the call dropped out, however my car still thought the call was connected? It wouldn't let me change anything! Couldn't change radio station, couldn't change the source, couldn't even turn the radio off - I even tried turning off the engine, removing the key (luckily I was in pretty heavy traffic) and getting out and locking the car!

So in fear of the radio not turning off and draining my battery, combined that my phone still hadn't reconnected to a network, I pressed the assistance button (that's a whole other story in itself) where a lovely chap on the end of the phone talked me through a couple of options but none of them seemed to work!

After about 25 minutes of Start/Stop London traffic with no music, I was starting to pull my hair out, then all of a sudden the call 'ended' and everything came back to life.

Has anyone ever had this before?

Has anyone had to use the Assistance button before?

Peace
    Instagram - danlock92

Citroen C2 1.4 HDi
    Citroen DS3 1.6 HDi Black Edition
    Citroen DS3 1.6 e-HDi Dstyle Red
    Citroen DS3 1.6 e-HDi Dsport Red
    Citroen DS 4 2.0 BlueHDi Dsport
    DS 3 1.2 Puretech EAT6 Dark Light

I had similar with my aftermarket Motorola BT unit where it froze. A quick pop of the bonnet, battery disconnected for about ten seconds then Robert's your fathers brother. Obviously clock needed to be reset afterwards 😉
    Andy DS3 Club's Resident OCD Detailer!
    Take a pride in your ride
    @cleanyourride_uk

Comment

That was going to be my next step but luckily it sorted itself out
      Instagram - danlock92

Citroen C2 1.4 HDi

Comment

I've had this two or three times now with different phones. Got the dealer to upgrade the firmware for the Bluetooth module.

Also fixed by calling the phone again whilst in the car and you initiating the hangup properly.

I have also fixed it by holding the hang up button (source button on stalk) for approx 10-20/seconds.
        Last edited by Toxic; 15-07-2014, 08:46.
        Simon

Peugeot 208 GTi Prestige - Orange Power

Comment

Originally posted by danlock92 View Post
          Hi All,

So I was driving down the M40 yesterday and took a phonecall but shortly after my phone lost signal so the call dropped out, however my car still thought the call was connected? It wouldn't let me change anything! Couldn't change radio station, couldn't change the source, couldn't even turn the radio off - I even tried turning off the engine, removing the key (luckily I was in pretty heavy traffic) and getting out and locking the car!

So in fear of the radio not turning off and draining my battery, combined that my phone still hadn't reconnected to a network, I pressed the assistance button (that's a whole other story in itself) where a lovely chap on the end of the phone talked me through a couple of options but none of them seemed to work!

After about 25 minutes of Start/Stop London traffic with no music, I was starting to pull my hair out, then all of a sudden the call 'ended' and everything came back to life.

Has anyone ever had this before?

Has anyone had to use the Assistance button before?

Peace
          This happened to me, except it didn't come back to life until the car entered economy mode (Low Battery), this turned the dash display, radio etc off.
          The car was all lit up like an xmas tree until 2am, so it stood out a bit....

The Citroen garage in Romford (East London) is currently working with my car and the Head Unit is being replaced under warranty, However, the bluetooth had stopped working properly with pops every now and again.

Comment

This is all good to know. Might give Charters a call then and see what they can do!
            Instagram - danlock92

Citroen C2 1.4 HDi

Comment

Most likely a software issue which resulted in the unit 'crashing'. Not that uncommon for cars to be honest with you when you consider the number of devices out there.
              ...I should never have doubted the Lord of Bacon!!
              Bigfeet's File Repository
              The DS3Club Bacon Appreciation Society

Comment

Mine does it when I end the call, done it around twice over past 3 months but the stereo completely freezes and with no sound. All I do is disconnect positive on battery and put it back on. My friends does he same. Must be a fault.
                Using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                X