Is the DS3 Iconic yet?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is the DS3 Iconic yet?

I appreciate this is probably the worst forum to post this question on! But I'm just interested to know if you all think the DS3 is an iconic design, like the original Mini or Beetle, the Rolls Royce of old, the 911, etc... Can a car become iconic immediately, or does it have to be around for years, or decades? Do we have as many iconic cars now, given manufacturers seem to want to change the design in 5-10 years... Is an icon the same as a design classic?
    There are only three kinds of people in this world... Those who can count, and those who can't...

Certainly the most iconic since the first DS
    sigpic
    Jog on Noddy

Comment

Whilst I think the DS3 is a fantastic looking car & has certainly been very popular, I don't think it will go down in history as an iconic car

Comment

Yeah, that sums up the difference between a design classic, which I think it might just be , and an icon, which I agree, probably isn't...
        There are only three kinds of people in this world... Those who can count, and those who can't...

Comment

Only time will tell, I'm happy to own and drive a car that's as much fun and good looking as the DS3 !
          sigpic

Comment

Face it no matter how much I like it the DS3 is and will remain just another small economy car.
            Originally posted by cyclone
            It is in the handbook. Satisfied.
            Originally posted by Broda
            I would rather teabag a bear trap

Comment

I adore my DS3 and I think it will be well remembered in Citroen's history but I don't know about it being "iconic."
              May 2011 - October 2015: White body/black roof/white Bellone THP150
              October 2015 - Present: Black body/emerald green roof/black Aphrodite THP165
              Instagram @adamds3

Comment

In the World of Motor Car history not yet, in the World of Citroen history then Yes.

Comment

The Mini's iconic- cos they sold so bleedin many. Now DS3s doing rather well in that dept too- thousands of em everywhere
                  Give it a few year

Ah- noticed the thread title says "yet". Answer = No.
                  sigpic
                  Jog on Noddy

Comment

Working...
                  X