No announcement yet.

Handing a lease car back - advise needed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What will happen is a representative from Mannheim will inspect the car on behalf of Citroen before driving it away, these guys are very thorough and they will note anything wrong with the car. Anything deemed to be over and above wear and tear will be repaired and invoiced to the customer, bear in mind that the car must be in road worthy condition and the terms state that tyres must be legal and well as the car having an MOT at the end of three years.

Small marks are normally fine but anything that has broken the paint may be required to be repaired.

I've attached a copy of an inspection sheet to give you an idea of what is involved.

...I should never have doubted the Lord of Bacon!!
    Bigfeet's File Repository
    The DS3Club Bacon Appreciation Society

Comment

Originally posted by Bigfeet View Post
      What will happen is a representative from Mannheim will inspect the car on behalf of Citroen before driving it away, these guys are very thorough and they will note anything wrong with the car. Anything deemed to be over and above wear and tear will be repaired and invoiced to the customer, bear in mind that the car must be in road worthy condition and the terms state that tyres must be legal and well as the car having an MOT at the end of three years.

Small marks are normally fine but anything that has broken the paint may be required to be repaired.

I've attached a copy of an inspection sheet to give you an idea of what is involved.

Cheers for this its a big help.

Do you know whether or not paint chips to bonnet etc are deemed as wear and tear? I have a few on mine and dont know whether to wait and get them done nearer the time of giving it back or do it now
      Phil Moran

sigpic

Comment

That will depend on how excessive they are. A few would be fine in my opinion where 'pebble dashing' would require a repair.
        ...I should never have doubted the Lord of Bacon!!
        Bigfeet's File Repository
        The DS3Club Bacon Appreciation Society

Comment

Working...
        X