No announcement yet.

Keyfob

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Guys, anyone knows if switching the key case from the old one to the new one will work?
    Im planing to get the new version, open and change the board inside to the new one, but I dont want to mess it up.

Anyone can help me please?

Thank you

Comment

Originally posted by lata2002 View Post
      Guys, anyone knows if switching the key case from the old one to the new one will work?
      Im planing to get the new version, open and change the board inside to the new one, but I dont want to mess it up.

Anyone can help me please?

Thank you
      Can't see why not, one of the guys on C2 Club managed to swap the internals from a C2 key to a DS3 key with some minor modifications and hot glue. Works fine as far as I know.
      - DS3 DSport Plus - THP 155 - Belle-ile Blue with Perla Nera Black Roof -
      - DS3Club Discord -

Comment

Originally posted by BeefMasta View Post
        Can't see why not, one of the guys on C2 Club managed to swap the internals from a C2 key to a DS3 key with some minor modifications and hot glue. Works fine as far as I know.
        I was wondering....maybe the transponder is inside the plastic case and cannot be moved to the new case.......

Comment

Originally posted by lata2002 View Post
          I was wondering....maybe the transponder is inside the plastic case and cannot be moved to the new case.......
          From what I've seen it's just a circuit board and a battery inside the case. Only one way to find out for sure though, go for it
          - DS3 DSport Plus - THP 155 - Belle-ile Blue with Perla Nera Black Roof -
          - DS3Club Discord -

Comment

You should be able to switch over the insides, take it easy and pay attention to the fitting and their positions.

The only part that will drive you crazy is the flip key as it uses a twist spring as it is a right sod to set correctly. Expect much swearing!
            ...I should never have doubted the Lord of Bacon!!
            Bigfeet's File Repository
            The DS3Club Bacon Appreciation Society

Comment

Thank you Bigfeet.

I was thinking going for the bolt, removing the bolt from the original key and replacing it with the flat key would be faster i believe....and much easier!
              I did it with my previos car, a Peugeot 307, and did the same way. But I was concern about the transponder on this key, but as you commented, looks like it is not going to be an issue niether!

Thank you agein
              Cheers!

Comment

Working...
              X