Diesel cars face £10 charge for driving into central London'

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Diesel cars face £10 charge for driving into central London'

Not that I'm too bothered as I never go into London, but if this catches on from other parts of the country arrrr, there goes my free road tax. :mad::mad::mad::mad:

http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-london-28540259

If you're car is currently Tax free surely the cannot charge additional tax? Aren't green cars exempt like the Nissan Leaf etc, so if your car is such low emissions surely it doesn't affect you?

BTW I have no idea on the legislation as i heard it on the news just curious to see how it will affect the free tax issue on new Citroen eHDI's like mine!
    “Two wrongs don't make a right, but two lefts do make a U-Turn”

sigpic

Comment

Just diesels get the charge- saw it on the news yestday, seems theres more pollutants in diesel fuel than first thought (Dirty diesels )
      Just govts way to screw more money outta motorists- theyl think something new for petrol owners soon

Then... the cyclist lol
      sigpic
      Jog on Noddy

Comment

They should make it so if your car is green then it's tax free so we could all drive round in focus RS' and brighten the roads up a bit

Comment

It's always a good idea to read the full story, not just the headlines.

Firstly, this is not new legislation, just a proposal.

It's nothing to do with the government, it's Boris Johnson, who wants it implemented by 2020.

Diesel vehicles meeting the Euro 6 standard would be exempt; petrol cars registered before 2006 would have to pay.

Comment

Apparently, all new Diesels should be produced to the new euro 6 standard by January - not sure if it was Jan 15 or Jan 16.... The new dsport plus blue120 hdi has the euro 6 engine.....

Comment

Anyway of finding out what model and year DS3s meet this Euro 6 standard?

Comment

Originally posted by pmk View Post
                Anyway of finding out what model and year DS3s meet this Euro 6 standard?
                That's it I'm voting YES.. Lol
                http://i1270.photobucket.com/albums/...psed17aa4f.jpg

Comment

Working...
                X