Would you buy another?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Would you buy another?

Well after searching for over a week and taking a test drive after making a deal over the phone (for dealer then to knock £700 off my p/x when i got there) so backing out of that deal i've narrowed my choice to 2 cars.
    Both are 2012 DS3 DStyle Plus models in white with black roof (same as last car - story in another post), both have 15000 miles, 1 is 30 miles away at a used car dealer and the other 110 miles away at a citroen dealer, both are £9k and both agreed to same for my p/x.
    The last car i had was losing coolant (amongst other problems) which seem to be a common problem (does anyone know the fix?) and the 1 i test drove on sunday had a letter from the AA saying it had had a coolant leak as well :confused: - i'm now wondering if all or most DS3 1.6vtis will have the same problems which i know will be covered by warranty but i don't want an unreliable car as i need it to get to work for 6.30 each morning (so no public transport at this time).

Was the last car and the 1 on sunday just a coinsidence or am i going to regret buying another?

Would you buy another DS3 if you had your current car taken away or would you look for something else (and what)?

Personally I think I'd back to VAG.

The whole Citroen experience I have had does not justify owning another one. Car is back in again with reverse sensor issue tonight. 8 times on one year to one dealership and the original dealership had my car back in for two weeks after they damaged it before I even picked up the car - just too many part failures to warrant owning one again.
    Simon

Peugeot 208 GTi Prestige - Orange Power

Comment

Doesn't sound good Toxic - what's the symptoms of the sensor fault - reverse difficult to select or rev lights?

I've had numerous VAG cars and decided after the last i'd never have another - radiators leaking, charcoal cannisters, electrics, trim, etc - i always thought German cars were bullet proof? last german i had was a 120I M-Sport, great looking car (3 door in grey) but that had problems with cam sensor, injectors

Nothing is reliable these days but was hoping Citroen would be better than the 206GTi which was the last frenchie i had?

Comment

Not sure I'd go for a DS3 again- dont get me wrong they are great looking cars, but it would be my 3rd one, and as I will probably have this one for another 3 years minimum, and as there are sooooooo many around, would go for something else.

May go back to Ford, or BMW, but whatever- it must be fast
        sigpic
        Jog on Noddy

Comment

I've had two DS3s now. I actually would swap for a new one but then live to regret it when I could have maybe had something different?

Comment

Sensor just alarms all the time. Delearship could find anything wrong since no fault in logs.

Simon

Peugeot 208 GTi Prestige - Orange Power

Comment

Originally posted by Toxic View Post
              Sensor just alarms all the time. Delearship could find anything wrong since no fault in logs.

blimey - is this just in reverse or when driving forwards? must be annoying

would have thought dealer would replace the sensor - was quite common on BMWs

Comment

I would, and did
                My DS3R3... nearly....
                New? Click HERE for some useful threads.

Comment

I'm now thinking about going for our 4th, never had a problem,,3 of my friends have aswell..all diesels. All driving instructors so cars are worked hard with no issues
                  http://i1270.photobucket.com/albums/...psed17aa4f.jpg

Comment

Never hear many horror stories really. But I'd go for a fiesta (and did) for around that price

Comment

Originally posted by Swiftpass View Post
                      I'm now thinking about going for our 4th, never had a problem,,3 of my friends have aswell..all diesels. All driving instructors so cars are worked hard with no issues
                      I vouch for this 100%. Great cars - would like a little more leg room though in front passengers side. Test drove the DS4 - thinking there would be more legroom - but no - especially when you add the dual controls in!!

Ordered my new one today - delivery for 1st Sep - 64' plate here I come

Comment

Only had mine since January but I know my next car is probably going to be another DS3.
                        Current: DS 3 Performance, Perla Nera Black with Sparkly Purple roof
                        Previous: DS3 DStyle 120 VTi, Perla Nera Black with Fuchsia roof

Comment

Mine is a company car and if push came to shove, I would not be disappointed at all if I had to have another.
                          Next choice is a higher grade, fingers crossed, so into realms of Octavia VRS, A Class AMG style Mercs, Leon Cupra etc
                          Andy DS3 Club's Resident OCD Detailer!
                          Take a pride in your ride
                          @cleanyourride_uk

Comment

Skoda's and Seats....higher grade.... lucky you
                            sigpic
                            Jog on Noddy

Comment

Not sure I'd get another although this is my 2nd (traded in for a better spec after 18months, got a great deal :P). My deal is up in November and I'm planning to just get rid, probably drive a shed for a bit while I decide what to do. The DS3 is a nice looking car but with all the reliability questions and the fact that there are parts of the interior I don't like (that stereo is the same system they've used for like 10years!) plus some disappointing experiences with dealers. Not bad ones by any means, they just didn't seem to be that bothered about things!
                              I also don't like the sound of the engine, it's all rattly and the exhaust is to quiet and the gear ratios are too long! Sounds like I hate it all but it isn't true, it's always easy to be negative than positive, this one has been very reliable apart from randomly almost overheating in traffic once and is a really nice drive, I just couldn't see me getting another!
                              '10 DSport in Black/Carmen Red 'Daisy' - Traded back in
                              '61 DSport+ in White/Black 'Poppy'
                              'We do what we must, because we can.'
                              Entropy... It's not what it used to be...

Comment

Working...
                              X