No announcement yet.

DS3 Serviced

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Paul if your car is on lease then you need to make sure you stay within the 1,000 mile tolerance so you could end up in breach of the terms of your agreement.
    ...I should never have doubted the Lord of Bacon!!
    Bigfeet's File Repository
    The DS3Club Bacon Appreciation Society

Comment

Originally posted by DT757 View Post
      Hi bigfeet,

Are you able to send these specific service sheets to anyone? I'd be interested to what is needing done at each interval.

Thanks!
      Not a problem, PM me your car's VIN and an email address.
      ...I should never have doubted the Lord of Bacon!!
      Bigfeet's File Repository
      The DS3Club Bacon Appreciation Society

Comment

When I got the car they said i didn't have to take it to citroen to get it serviced does anyone have any problems or stories about taking a new car to a different garage for a service?
        “Two wrongs don't make a right, but two lefts do make a U-Turn”

sigpic

Comment

My service spanner is set at 16,500 although was told it could be serviced at 12,500 if it was driven in arduous conditions. Seems like a lot of confusion here. Is it possible to re-set the service spanner to 12,500?

Comment

Very true bigfeet - i've been very cautious - slightly pushed it to the top of the 1000 interval each time but always within.

Comment

Originally posted by Bigfeet View Post
              Not a problem, PM me your car's VIN and an email address.
              Only just checked and saw your reply, I'll get that info sent onto you tomorrow. Thank you!

Comment

Originally posted by Superfly Guy View Post
                @Biggie, mine is coming up to 27,000 miles and the spanner is up, its also getting close to 4 years old. Does it need a service (I change the oil and filter every 5k and did the plugs, filter and discs/pads at 20k).
                Did your discs and pads really need doing at 20k?
                BumbleBee OneTwenteeee!

Comment

Originally posted by theorichards View Post
                  No, I've got the car two years on a Lease and didn't feel like the service plan was worth the money they offered and wouldn't get full benefit, the offered me a service plan of three years and unto 35000 yet ill be doing 20000 a year so it didn't make sense, so I didn't go for it, I still have the option to get a service plan i just didn't think it worked for me, just wondered how much it would be to take it to a citroen mail dealer and pay pper service rather than a plan
                  I've done 20,000 since I got mine in August 2013. Originally started on a 10,000 mileage allowance but a change in job soon saw that increase, so I changed the agreement with Citroen. Also discovered that the service plan is up to the 35,000 miles, so it looks like I might just get 2 more services in before I have to start paying (unless circumstances change and I end up doing less mileage again!).

Comment

According to this, I can't service my car before a set date? (It's a hire purchase, picked up at 33.8k on the clock, now it's nearly 38k, and have the car nearly 7 months)

Click image for larger version

Name:	photo(1).jpg
Views:	1
Size:	96.4 KB
ID:	356909

Sorry if it's a silly question. (The above is for MOTS and the one below for SERVICES?)

Edit: Shimata (sh!t), just found this....

Name:	photo(2).jpg
Size:	92.9 KB
ID:	356910

So, my clock reads 37776 at the moment. I can make it to the meet tomorrow, but think I need to book it in for servicing yes? And if so, does it have to be the place where I leased the car from, or can I go to any Citroen?
                    Last edited by XanderCage13; 16-08-2014, 15:05.
                    Aka:
                    Alex

:ds3:
                    Blue Phoenix
                    DStyle+ 1.6 e-HDi

Comment

Originally posted by XanderCage13 View Post
                      So, my clock reads 37776 at the moment. I can make it to the meet tomorrow, but think I need to book it in for servicing yes? And if so, does it have to be the place where I leased the car from, or can I go to any Citroen?
                      I think it's 1000 miles either side of the mileage so you should be fine. I've never leased so I would check your terms but I would imagine any Citroen dealer will be fine.
                      - DS3 DSport Plus - THP 155 - Belle-ile Blue with Perla Nera Black Roof -
                      - DS3Club Discord -

Comment

Ok, I'll check in to that BeefMasta. I did notice this amongst my papers...

Name:	photo(3).jpg
Size:	98.0 KB
ID:	356911

Now seeing I'm due a service, am I right in understanding that to say, I could get a free MOT check done at the same time, while at a Chapelhouse branch. I understand any work needed doing on the car, I'd have to pay for.

EDIT:

Spoke with Chapelhouse, I've got a 1k either side, any Citroen dealer or vat qualified garage (I'll go for Citroen as I presume better standards etc?)
                        That pink slip is for when the MOT is due, but I need to record on the back of it, the service info and invoice number of every service etc)
                        Spoke with Kendal Citroen Dealer, and I can get the car serviced there. Just call them on Monday

Also managed to find out I can upgrade the version of the car anytime during my lease
                        Last edited by XanderCage13; 16-08-2014, 15:30.
                        Aka:
                        Alex

Blue Phoenix
                        DStyle+ 1.6 e-HDi

Comment

Originally posted by XanderCage13 View Post
                          Also managed to find out I can upgrade the version of the car anytime during my lease
                          *cough* DSport *cough*
                          - DS3 DSport Plus - THP 155 - Belle-ile Blue with Perla Nera Black Roof -
                          - DS3Club Discord -

Comment

^ That's exactly what I am thinking

Gotta wait several months until I've paid more than what needs to be paid off to make it worth while (money wise) upgrading. :-(
                            Aka:
                            Alex

Blue Phoenix
                            DStyle+ 1.6 e-HDi

Comment

Working...
                            X