Just ordered my DS3 1.2 VTI Dsign+

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just ordered my DS3 1.2 VTI Dsign+

Just ordered my DS3 1.2 VTI Dsign+, can't tell you how excited I am. Unfortunately this was the only model I could get on my salary sacrifice programme at work. I just have a couple of quick questions.

1. I've noticed some DS3's without the chrome trim on the front grille, is this just on older models or is this part or the lower trim levels?

2. Does anyone know if the rear windows on the Dsign+ are tinted? I know they are not on the Dsign but not sure about the plus.

Also would like to hear from anyone else who has the Dsign+, what their thoughts about it are, are they happy with it etc...

Thanks
    Harry

Another quick question...........Does the Dsign+ have the interior mood lighting?

Comment

Hi Harry,

I'm one of the few with a DSign, it's a cracking car, you'll be amazed by how much comes as standard.

With the plus pack the only additions are air conditioning and alloy wheels so you don't get the mood lighting. The rear windows aren't tinted but the glass they've used is pretty dark anyway, just not as dark as an actual tinted window.

The chrome trim used to be an optional extra on some models but it now comes as standard.

Comment

Unfortunately, having done some digging, the plus doesn't have the chrome surround on the front grille or fog lights. I can't understand why they would take that away on the plus model.

It just makes it look cheap without it and i'm seriously thinking of cancelling my order.

Comment

I'm almost certain it comes with both. It's listed as being included in both the brochure and on the online configurator.

Careful you're not checking details of the old models, quite a lot has changed for the current spec and the DSign Plus model is barely a year old. When I ordered my DSign last year the plus wasn't available so I had to add quite a few extras to bring it up to the spec that would now be the DSign Plus.

Bigfeet should be able to clear this up for you when he's online.

Comment

Do you have a link for the brochure you're using by any chance?

Thanks for your help btw

Comment

No problem!

Here's the brochure: http://info.citroen.co.uk/Assets/pdf...3/brochure.pdf
              It's listed as standard for the DSign and the plus pack only adds to the spec it doesn't take anything away.

The configurator is here: http://www.car-configurator.citroen....r/Index/1CYAA3

Comment

It does have it on the configurator. But on the Dsign plus page in the brochure it's not there and on the dsign plus exterior style spec it says it doesn't have it.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	21.4 KB
ID:	356894

I do hope you are right, If it's not there then Advertising it as a 'plus' model is a bit off.

Comment

That's odd. I think it's a marketing error but we'll see what Bigfeet says.

There's a thread here about the changes to the current model year: http://www.ds3club.co.uk/showthread....ighlight=dsign
                  In the Citroen PIB it's listed on page 8: https://www.mediafire.com/?u1w8wxnddx33ks2

Comment

That puts my mind at ease massively. Thank you!

Hopefully, when it arrives, this is what I will be getting.......

Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	23.0 KB
ID:	356895

Vive la DS3

Comment

Harry,
                      If you're really asking for an honest option, if I were you I'd get an extra job. One night each week, 4 hours, doing anything. Even delivering pizza, which would pay 16 hours each month, and buy the DSport+. You'll get more when you sell it on, and you'll love every journey. Guaranteed!
                      Using Tapatalk

Comment

I just wanted to add that whatever model you choose, you'll enjoy. The DS3 is brilliant value for money and looks boss in every model.
                        Using Tapatalk

Comment

I'm getting in through a salary sacrifice scheme, everything is included, I just have to add petrol..........for £180p/m........no deposit.

Cant really go wrong with that. And, I'm a new driver and this is my first car............I'd say I've done pretty well.

Who knows, when I hand it back in 3 years, I may get the latest DS3 DSport+

Comment

Originally posted by Harrythecat86 View Post
                            Who knows, when I hand it back in 3 years, I may get the latest DS3 DSport+
                            That's my plan! I'm a year in to my three year deal and I'll be getting a much much higher spec model to keep in 2016.

I'm early in my career so the price of buying and running a 1.2 was the most important thing when I was choosing which model to buy.

Spec-wise you'll be impressed, it doesn't feel like a base model at all and the 1.2l engine isn't bad at all. It's not too shabby accelerating to 30mph with no more than say two people on board. The only time it feels underpowered is when you've got the air conditioning turned on which in the UK is not very often.

Comment

My girlfriend has had a Clio for 3 years and not used the air-con once! I guess we're pretty much in the same situation, I'm just starting out in my career too!

I do wish I could have the black alloys, I'm not allowed to change them!

The lead time is 14 weeks on my order and there are production delays apparently! I want it now!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X