Automatic DS3 turbo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Automatic DS3 turbo

I have a 2013 Citroen ds3 4-speed automatic transmission. I was wondering if I could upgrade it and add any turbo on it. And if I can, what is the kind of the turbo? Thank you
    Using Tapatalk

Any thing is possible and I applaud your desire for more power but some things are just not worth doing. Save the big bucks this would cost and put it towards your next car.
    Originally posted by cyclone
    It is in the handbook. Satisfied.
    Originally posted by Broda
    I would rather teabag a bear trap

Comment

Originally posted by Jamaika001 View Post
      I have a 2013 Citroen ds3 4-speed automatic transmission. I was wondering if I could upgrade it and add any turbo on it. And if I can, what is the kind of the turbo? Thank you
      I also have 2013 4 speed auto but i know for sure that the way the auto box works bolting a turbo on to it would make the box have a heart attack. The only gear in the box thats not assisted by torque converter lock up is 1st gear. 2 3and 4 all have slip in them before the converter kicks in and locks the said gear to the engine.

About 4 years ago i had a 2.0l renault scenic auto that used basically the same engine to the clio sport. We got hold of a clio sport that had been rolled about 5 times very cheap and went to work. The sport engine went in like a dream only having to change the flywheel and ecu wiring loom etc. the 40 extra bhp sure was fun and transformed the car its just a shame it only lasted a whole 826 mile before the autobox blew up [emoji20]

Mark

Comment

Originally posted by Sparky ds3 View Post
        I also have 2013 4 speed auto but i know for sure that the way the auto box works bolting a turbo on to it would make the box have a heart attack. The only gear in the box thats not assisted by torque converter lock up is 1st gear. 2 3and 4 all have slip in them before the converter kicks in and locks the said gear to the engine.

About 4 years ago i had a 2.0l renault scenic auto that used basically the same engine to the clio sport. We got hold of a clio sport that had been rolled about 5 times very cheap and went to work. The sport engine went in like a dream only having to change the flywheel and ecu wiring loom etc. the 40 extra bhp sure was fun and transformed the car its just a shame it only lasted a whole 826 mile before the autobox blew up [emoji20]

Mark
        Thank you! So does that mean I should change the gearbox to a better one? And that will of course cost me too much.
        Using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by cyclone View Post
          Any thing is possible and I applaud your desire for more power but some things are just not worth doing. Save the big bucks this would cost and put it towards your next car.
          Yeah but I really regret not buying the manual turbo one. If I could change my car I would. But I don't think they would accept.
          Using Tapatalk

Comment

Thank you! So does that mean I should change the gearbox to a better one? And that will of course cost me too much.
            The gearbox might be ok but then it might not. I would think getting a box made to do the job would cost about the same price as the car. If you stuck driving a automatic like me and want more power then something like a skoda fabia vrs or a vw polo gti can be made with this auto dsg gearbox [emoji106]

Comment

Originally posted by Sparky ds3 View Post
              The gearbox might be ok but then it might not. I would think getting a box made to do the job would cost about the same price as the car. If you stuck driving a automatic like me and want more power then something like a skoda fabia vrs or a vw polo gti can be made with this auto dsg gearbox [emoji106]
              Yeah thank you but I have just bought my car hahaha. Thanks anyways, appreciated.
              Using Tapatalk

Comment

Yeah thank you but I have just bought my car hahaha. Thanks anyways, appreciated.
                No probs [emoji106] hopefully Citroen will come out with a faster ds3 auto but i think that will just be wishful thinking

Mark

Comment

Working...
                X