Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DS3 Cabrio question

Hi,

I'm new to the forum. I'm a driving instructor,I lease my car for teaching, and the last 5 have been Peugeot convertibles (two 307cc's, and I'm on my third 308cc). Unfortunately they're not making a convertible version of the new 308 so I have to change my car. The Eos is too expensive, and I'm not keen on the Megane, so I've found myself looking at the DS3 Cabrio. I've always liked the look of the DS3, and although not a full convertible, there are a few benefits over a full cabrio, so I think it's what I'll get.

I'm looking at a DStyle 1.6 e-hdi 90 Airdream with the optional 'Auto Signature' pack (active city brake and auto lights, wipers, climate etc) and I like the look of the white dash. I'm guessing this is a detuned version of the 1.6 e-hdi 115 engine in my Peugeot and I've even really pleased with it's smoothness. Can't find anywhere if the DS3 has stop start but I'm assuming it has? Also not sure about an arm rest - I use it all the time in my Peugeot as it's away from the handbrake, but I'm guessing in a smaller car it would get in the way, and I'm mainly driving in towns. I quite like the new lights, but as an option they're too expensive - options just get added onto the cost of the lease with no account of the resale benefit at the end. I could always buy some and re-sell them once the car is returned. I've got standard SatNav in the 308cc which has been useful - bit disappointed the exact same system in the Citroen is £1050 so I'll be using my iPhone!!

My main question is regarding the back window in the DS3 Cabrio. I've not sat in one yet (hope to this weekend) but I know the window isn't that wide, but it looks reasonably deep, so I'm hoping the visibility is OK (unless the roof is right back!). I was wondering how the window fairs when it rains. I use rain repellent on my 308cc but it obviously has a boot - I'm a bit concerned in the wet in the Citroen, the back wheels will flick water on to the rear window causing poor rear vision.

I wonder if anyone could let me know their experience.

start stop yes. i dunno bout the rear window as ours is a hardtop n the veiw is great. as for water flick up rear window it never happens or if in doubt av a butchers on fleabay for the genuine mudguards
    e-hdi 90 dsytle all white with ashera's and lonely citroen graphic's and club decals sigpic NCC-1701-C THE ENTERPRISE being rehomed
    Soon to have a Prestige 130 SS in arctic steel metallic with emerald mettalic roof and grey aphrodite wheels

Comment

I was under the impression convertibles were a No No for learner cars. Mainly due to the poor visibility? I'm pretty sure there are restrictions on using convertibles for tests?
      BumbleBee OneTwenteeee!

Comment

Convertibles were allowed for driving test,must have rear seats with headrest suitable for an adult to sit in.Was when I was a driving instructor.
        DS3 1.6THP 165 Pearlescent Ink. White roof.

Comment

Check this link for cars suitable for test .....https://www.gov.uk/practical-driving...-driving-tests

As for the convertible, i've come accross another instructor that loved it......the only thing is because the rear boot and bumper is made of plastic, theres no where to put magnetic L plates, and for obvious reasons the roof isnt suitable for a top box.

The guy I saw, had an L plate fixed a on the back canvas (where it meets the rear window) with a crocodile clip... Seemed to work.

As for visibility...it is a little more reduced, but not drastically!! The rear spray isnt that bad - and you can buy mud guards to help reduce what spray there is...

Hope that helps

Comment

Firstly, apologies for somehow posting this thread twice! Thanks very much for the replies. There are a few cars banned from driving tests due to poor visibility but they are named individually. The 308cc, being a hard top had very good visibility, particularly looking sideways as there are no 'B' pillars - an examiner once praised the visibility saying it was like being in a greenhouse. I've done a few tests with the roof down too!

I'm glad to hear the DS3 I'm considering has stop/start, and I hadn't thought of mudflaps - certainly something I'll bear in mind. Thanks for the warning about the rear L plate, I'll have a crocodile clip at the ready!!

I was disappointed when I realised I couldn't get another Peugeot, but I'm now getting excited at the thought of a DS3 - still can't make my mind up on a colour though!!

Comment

Red? lol
              sigpic
              Jog on Noddy

Comment

Funnily enough, prob my first choice at the moment!

Comment

Ds3 cabrio Could be on the cards then?!! Woo!
                  BumbleBee OneTwenteeee!

Comment

I'll keep you posted.....

Comment

Don't bother will mud flaps as they do very little to stop the low pressure vortex that causes water to be lifted onto the back of the car.
                      ...I should never have doubted the Lord of Bacon!!
                      Bigfeet's File Repository
                      The DS3Club Bacon Appreciation Society

Comment

Working...
                      X