2nd DS3 now going :(

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2nd DS3 now going :(

Well after the first DS3 i bought a few weeks ago being returned to the dealer for a full refund due to numerous problems i bought another 2 weeks ago.
    I posted about a few issues i've had with this but was hoping they would be covered under Citroens warranty - not so according to the local dealer
    This week i had the car in and they replaced the rear light unit due to the old 1 leaking but wouldn't replace the headlight which had broken inside so the light shone just above the bumper? The selling dealer has said he'll replace this though.
    The n's door mirror arm chrome is bubbling all over but the Citroen dealer said this wasn't covered? - even after i mentioned oher dealers replacing side mouldings, etc where the chrome has pitted?

I've now decided if citroen are going to refuse claims then i'm not paying and as so many things are happening so early in the cars life then it'll be an expensive ownership.
    So this morning i called into a VX dealership and ordered an Astra 1.4turbo VX line ok it's a little bigger but it was nippy to drive (140bhp) and i've read about remaps taking them to 165bhp so it has tuning potential.

I managed to get back what i paid for the DS3 so at least i haven't lost out (apart from mats and flaps i fitted and 2 days of polishing :confused: ) - the spare alloy, toolkit and alloy pedals are going to be up for sale though :cool:

All in all the DS3 is a nice car - great looking, nippy, economical, comfy, nice interior but as with french cars of old they're still unreliable which is a shame ...............

Good luck Robby- Cheery bye
    sigpic
    Jog on Noddy

Comment

Thanks Chris

I'll be sorry to see the car going as i do like it - hope the new 1 is problem free :confused:

Comment

Good luck with the new car mate. These days cars are all the same there made from the cheapest Materials and are designed to break to keep garages in Business

Comment

Originally posted by robby71 View Post

All in all the DS3 is a nice car - great looking, nippy, economical, comfy, nice interior but as with french cars of old they're still unreliable which is a shame ...............
          Such a shame... sounds like you've had two from a bad batch as DS3s aren't known to be unreliable. Happens with any car though; the most unreliable model in our family fleet is a Skoda. Shows you how you can often just get a dodgy one. Enjoy the Astra.

Comment

Thanks guys

Yes i do seem to buy the lemons off the tree now onto car number 71 so do hope this will be ok as i'm almost skint

Comment

Working...
            X