Fuming!!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fuming!!!!!

Well what a couple of days....my car is going back to the lease co (straight to auction) so I thought i'd change my nsf tyre and took it to my local tyre place - simple eh? Noooooooooo way is anything simple.

The locking wheel bolt head sheered off (left with a round bolt and nothing to grip on to)

Second bolt, tried to remove - snapped, completely sheered off inside the wheel!!!!!

So - because the locking bolt was still securing the car - 3 bolts out of 4 are legal to drive on.....this was at 4.30 yesterday.

Turned up to the garage this morning at 9.30 (after having to cancel most of my lessons) for what should be a really simple job - get them out, I had the same issue with my locking wheel bolt on my osf and it took 40 mins and cost £40.

Ohhhhh today was a massive turn for the books - they couldn't remove the 2 sheered bolts from the wheel hub, therefore having to replace the wheel hub, wheel bearing and 4 new bolts.

Citroen carried out the work, wanted £190 just for parts and with 4 hours labour wanting to charge a total of £420. So i traipsed across to euro car parts to get the same parts for £87 plus a labour bill of £180.

So replacing a tyre today has cost me the grand total of £267!!!! Left the garage at 4pm!!!

Has anyone else had an issue with the head coming off the locking bolt and other bolts getting stuck and seizing up?

So all in all - pretty rubbish as. I've just had to spend £267 on a car that is going back on Monday!!!!

And £30 on a dent removed!!!!

Cheers folks - from a very grumpy Paul:ds3:

Ps made a complaint as the AA were the last ones to secure the wheel and tighten the bolts...apparently with a correctly calibrated torque wrench........

Comment

My locking wheel nuts seized on my Astra Sri but touch wood nothing so far on the DS3

The Vauxhall dealer actually recommended not refitting locking nuts as they are prone to this
      sigpic

Comment

Never torque or air gun locking bolts some of them are made of cheese!
        BumbleBee OneTwenteeee!

Comment

Originally posted by Sash View Post
          Never torque or air gun locking bolts some of them are made of cheese!
          I had similar problem..the bolts are so soft..you can't torque or use air gun..
          http://i1270.photobucket.com/albums/...psed17aa4f.jpg

Comment

My Brothers Locking Wheel Nut Broke On His 10 Reg C4 Picasso. He had a puncture nearby on the drivers side front tyre so he brought the car to me and I booked Kwik Fit Mobile Out for the next morning as it needed a front passenger tyre too as it was close to the limit well they got the flat one off changed that then when to do the passenger one and the locking nut broke, Citroen wanted £57 for a new locking wheel nut which would take a week to arrive this was at 10.30 on a Saturday and I knew he needed the car Monday so running was out of options then the lady I know at the Citroen Garage rang me up and said Lee if you can get here by 11am we will cut the locking bolts off and put normal bolts on all 4 tyres and I just pay the £10 for the nuts so I did that and they also put the spare tyre on till I could get Kwik Fit Mobile out on The Tuesday.
            A Citroën Fanatic

CE14 C3 Picasso 1.6i VTi Exclusive EGS In Pearl White, With 17" Clover Alloy Wheels, Black Pack, Chrome Mirror Covers, Mudflaps, Wind Deflectors, Hand Controls & Steering Ball.
            CE11 WOH C3 1.6i VTi Exclusive Auto With 17” Sonneberg Alloy Wheels & Visability Pack.My Old Car.
            CA10 KZB C4 Picasso 2.0HDi 138BHP VTR+ EGS, Brothers Old Car.

Comment

Have had trouble with air gun fitted bolts a while back- had to go to Kwick fit who used and extral long torsion bar to get it off.
              I use a bit of grease when fitting bolts now, and a torque wrench, but when tightening to correct torque, they dont half seem tight, so back them off a bit.
              sigpic
              Jog on Noddy

Comment

Had to have my locking nuts removed at cost of £30 as the locking key it self snapped and rounded the nut... So just replaced locking nuts with normal wheel bolts.. found my locking tool was very brutal and s**t...chances of some 1 pinching wheels these days are very slim unless you have some very expensive aftermarket wheels

Comment

Not good mate [emoji20] i have only ever put locking wheel nuts on about quarter a turn tight once the flush with the wheel as i once had this problem with the misses car

Mark

Comment

Thanks all - for sharing your stories - its good to know i'm not the only one to get screwed.....bom bom!!

I will be applying grease to all my bolts from now on, ensuring the garage applies a little copper grease too and keeping an eye on those locking nuts....

Cheers folks - ps calmed down today....even Asda on a Saturday was more blissful than yesterday.

Comment

Working...
                    X