Alarm going off randomly

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Alarm going off randomly

A quick question but has anyones alarm randomly went off for 30 seconds then stopped. Checked in the car and there didnt see to be any flies or any thing like that in it to set it off and no one was near the car....I hope..... its sport plus alarm.

Cheers kirk

Only when I left my car on the stand at Wheels and wings and a Vulcan flew over

Not heard of it before, sure someone will have more info
    My DS3R3... nearly....
    New? Click HERE for some useful threads.

Comment

Something upset the alarm senors inside the car, if this was a one-off then I wouldn't worry.
      ...I should never have doubted the Lord of Bacon!!
      Bigfeet's File Repository
      The DS3Club Bacon Appreciation Society

Comment

Spider possibly ? I had a similar issue in my Astra until I found a small spider that was living in the corner of the sun visor and wondered across the sensor from time to time. Vauxhall disputed that was big enough to cause the false alarm but once I removed the spider it never happened again. Who knows eh ?
        sigpic

Comment

got it sorted after it going off last night again 3 times between 2.00 and 3.30 (keep you distance from me today please) after the second time i looked there was small moth in the car. dont no how it wasnt spotted during the day just hope thats its. Cheers for the help

Comment

At that time of night I'd have turned the interior sensors off via the button bottom right of the dash
            sigpic

Comment

i turned it off the second time but it still went off for some reason.

Comment

Oh ? That sounds more electrical then or else it wasn't the interior sensors tripping the alarm.....
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by shifta View Post
                  i turned it off the second time but it still went off for some reason.
                  The alarm should not 'fire' if the system is off, try the easy method of locking the car and unlocking it. Leave the doors alone and the car will re-lock without the alarm. If it still goes off then there is a fault with the alarm otherwise my bet is one of the senors is faulty.
                  ...I should never have doubted the Lord of Bacon!!
                  Bigfeet's File Repository
                  The DS3Club Bacon Appreciation Society

Comment

it didnt go off tonight so was all good. its going in tomorrow about the coolant loss will say to them about it

Comment

Working...
                    X